DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Hancock tonight. Right up until the bank robbery I was really enjoying it, and I don't even like Will Smith. What the fuck was the rest of the film all about though? It's like they had two scripts but they were both kinda short, so they just threw them together in the hope of making one full-length film. The second half just doesn't make any meaningful connection to the first and really ruins what was, up until then, a really entertaining, funny and somewhat poignant film.

saw shawshank redemption earlier probably the best movie ever made or it is to quote my mate ''totally overrated and Oz was better''i prefer to think its the first thing not what he said.

It was good in my opinion but I have to say a little overrated.

The Shawshank Redemption is my favourite movie as well. I'm getting round to Southland Tales eventually. I don't hear many good things about it, but I'm determined to watch as many movies as possible, no matter what people say about them.On that note, I watched Creepshow and Baby's Day Out today. Creepshow was a real bag of wank. Baby's Day Out was great fun, even if it was a bit cartoony at times.

• Paid Members

The Shawshank Redemption is my favourite movie as well. I'm getting round to Southland Tales eventually. I don't hear many good things about it, but I'm determined to watch as many movies as possible, no matter what people say about them.On that note, I watched Creepshow and Baby's Day Out today. Creepshow was a real bag of wank. Baby's Day Out was great fun, even if it was a bit cartoony at times.

I thought Creepshow was a great little horror anthology. It drags a bit but there's lots of fun EC comics style fun to be had. plus Ted Danson and Leslie Neilson in teh same film! What's not to like? Having said that I thought baby's day out was really crap so maybe we are in fact each other's Bizzaro world versions when it comes to these particular film treasures.

• Paid Members

Southland Tales is a piece of shit.

Hey, this guy's right!
Southland Tales is shit, its a prime example of giving a new director too much control after one film, Its called Heavens Gate syndrome

• Paid Members

saw shawshank redemption earlier probably the best movie ever made or it is to quote my mate ''totally overrated and Oz was better''

Comparing Oz to The Shawshank Redemption is the most ludicrously hilarious thing I've ever heard.

Southland Tales is a total narrative nightmare by design, as Richard Kelly seems to fancy himself the Jackson Pollock of script-writing, throwing thousands of ideas against the wall just to see what sticks. I turned off the TV feeling like I'd just watched a sci-fi thriller where the scenes were written in the same random style as the gags on Family Guy. I'm certain I saw a movie where a lot of things happened, but I have no idea what those things were.Utter fucking shit, from start to finish. It even makes Donnie Darko seem worse, which is a fun film if you suspend your sense of ...umn... everything, for awhile.