Great Wrestling Promo Transcripts

tiger_rick

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some Eddie on here?

This was the first one that came to my mind:"Hey production, don't even think about going to a commercial. If not I might go say my piece at some other show. Yeah, that's right Eric, so I got your attention now Eric Bischoff? I can't get it in the back. Huh?I try and go in there and talk to you about business and I get screamed at and kicked out.Well if this is what I gotta do to get your attention, Eric Bischoff, then this is what I'm gonna do.Fire me, do whatever it takes, I could give a you know what, Eric.Time in and time out, for one whole year I have been coming here to workjust to be mistreated by you and very much unappreciated, Eric.On the road, on TV, I give you my hundred percent, I give all these people my hundred percentwhether they like me or whether they don't.I give you the best show there is and you know it and you cannot give me the time of dayin the back to listen to what I have to say to you Eric, well I could give a damn.Cause you know what? I don't care anymore Eric Bischoff.You got a lot of young talent here in WCW and all you do is hold us downfor people that you pay a lot of money to and that you have way up here"(He gestures meaning the taller wrestlers)"Well I don't care Bischoff, anymore.I don't care about these people, I don't care about nothing anymore, Eric.You have driven me to that, Eric Bischoff.This has nothing to do with you people, this is personal between me and you, Eric.I come to work with my heart and all you do is step on it, and I'mtired of it.You hold me down, you've held me down, but from now on in Eric,see I don't know what it is, I don't know if it's something personal you've got against me.Whatever it is Eric, I don't know.I mean, what is it about me that you have against methat you keep me from stepping up the ladder in this profession?What is it about me? I mean you got me tied down, Eric.In my contract, Eric, and I could give - I'm telling you this right now, okay?And I'm saying this for any other guy that wants to come out here and speak his mind that's being held down.If you got the - you know what, come out here and say it like I am, Eric Bischoff.I'm telling you this face to face, boy, 'cause I can't get your attention by the way,I'm face to face, let me say on national TV in front of all these peopleI'm coming out and the only reason I haven't come out any sooner is for two reasons:Chavo, Jr., I love you, man. You're my blood and I'll never let that go.You're one of the reasons I haven't said anything about what I'm doing tonight. And the other reason is because I have two kids and a wife that I have to support. But you know what?If losing my dignity means having to put up with WCW, NWO red, black or white orwhatever the hell it is, I don't care.So Eric Bischoff, I'm telling you this right now, I want out of my contract no matter what it takes, who I gotta speak to,or what it is, okay? And here, let me save you some time, Eric Bischoff I've thrown coffee on myself.As far as I'm concerned Eric Bischoff, you can take this job and shove it up your you-know-what."From WCW Nitro, summer 1998. Edited by dopper

• Paid Members

As Austin walks up the steps towards the coronation platform looking at the crown, throne and everything else in disgust;Dok Hendrix-'Alright ladies and gentlemen, the fourth prestigious King of the Ring, Stone Cold Steve Austin, an incredible victory' holds mic to Austin,

The first thing i want to be done, is to get that piece of crap out of my ring. (camera cuts to Jake Robets being helped walk back up the aisle) Don't just get him out the ring, get him out the WWF! Because i proved son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there and you thump your bible and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about psalms, talk about John 3:16, Austin 3:16 says i just whipped your ass!Dok, interupting-'C'mon that's not neccesary'All he's gotta do is buy himself a cheap bottle of thunderbird, and try to dig back some of that courage he had in his prime. As the King of the Ring i'm serving notice to everyone of the WWF superstars, i don't give a damn what they are, they're all on the list, and that's Stone Colds list and i'm fixing to start running through all of 'em. And...(fans start whistling, Austin looks to the crowd) piss off. And as far as this championship match is considered son, i don't give a damn if it's Davey-boy Smith or Shawn Michaels, Steve Austins time has come, and when i get the shot, you're looking at the next WWF Champion, and that's the bottom line because Stone Cold said so.

Dok-'Obviously anything but humble, the fourth prestigious King of the Ring, Stone Cold Steve Austin.' Edited by purplemonkeydishwasher

• 3 weeks later...

Michael Hayes last night on RAW:

"What is it with you kids today? I swear to god, I just don't get it. You don't care about anybody, you don't care about anything, and you sure as hell don't have respect for the business that he and I and people like Ric Flair built so you can have what you've got today. You walk around in your damn rent-a-cars that are waitin' for ya, your guaranteed contracts, and your guaranteed days off. Well I'll tell you something about Ric Flair. He's not my best friend, but I respect him. I respect that he's given his life for this business. I respect that he has bled and sweat for this business. And as a 16-time world champion, you know what, I'm gonna give Ric Flair the benefit of the doubt, something I'm not gonna give you. And you wanna know something pal, you wanna ask all the questions, the tough ones? How about this one: how many times have you been in the main event? How many times have you sold out the arena and turned 'em away? And now I got the best one for you. You wanna ask questions,here's one for ya. How many times have you been world champion? Lemme do the math for you, because it won't take long. Zero."

Some Eddie on here?

This was the first one that came to my mind:"Hey production, don't even think about going to a commercial. If not I might go say my piece at some other show. Yeah, that's right Eric, so I got your attention now Eric Bischoff? I can't get it in the back. Huh?I try and go in there and talk to you about business and I get screamed at and kicked out.Well if this is what I gotta do to get your attention, Eric Bischoff, then this is what I'm gonna do.Fire me, do whatever it takes, I could give a you know what, Eric.Time in and time out, for one whole year I have been coming here to workjust to be mistreated by you and very much unappreciated, Eric.On the road, on TV, I give you my hundred percent, I give all these people my hundred percentwhether they like me or whether they don't.I give you the best show there is and you know it and you cannot give me the time of dayin the back to listen to what I have to say to you Eric, well I could give a damn.Cause you know what? I don't care anymore Eric Bischoff.You got a lot of young talent here in WCW and all you do is hold us downfor people that you pay a lot of money to and that you have way up here"(He gestures meaning the taller wrestlers)"Well I don't care Bischoff, anymore.I don't care about these people, I don't care about nothing anymore, Eric.You have driven me to that, Eric Bischoff.This has nothing to do with you people, this is personal between me and you, Eric.I come to work with my heart and all you do is step on it, and I'mtired of it.You hold me down, you've held me down, but from now on in Eric,see I don't know what it is, I don't know if it's something personal you've got against me.Whatever it is Eric, I don't know.I mean, what is it about me that you have against methat you keep me from stepping up the ladder in this profession?What is it about me? I mean you got me tied down, Eric.In my contract, Eric, and I could give - I'm telling you this right now, okay?And I'm saying this for any other guy that wants to come out here and speak his mind that's being held down.If you got the - you know what, come out here and say it like I am, Eric Bischoff.I'm telling you this face to face, boy, 'cause I can't get your attention by the way,I'm face to face, let me say on national TV in front of all these peopleI'm coming out and the only reason I haven't come out any sooner is for two reasons:Chavo, Jr., I love you, man. You're my blood and I'll never let that go.You're one of the reasons I haven't said anything about what I'm doing tonight. And the other reason is because I have two kids and a wife that I have to support. But you know what?If losing my dignity means having to put up with WCW, NWO red, black or white orwhatever the hell it is, I don't care.So Eric Bischoff, I'm telling you this right now, I want out of my contract no matter what it takes, who I gotta speak to,or what it is, okay? And here, let me save you some time, Eric Bischoff I've thrown coffee on myself.As far as I'm concerned Eric Bischoff, you can take this job and shove it up your you-know-what."From WCW Nitro, summer 1998.
What happened after this promo, what did Eddie do in the weeks following this?

• Paid Members

i remember years ago, and i mean maybe 6 or 7, i found a site that had what i can only assume to be either house show promos or a very good impressionist. there were a lot from the rock and austin and bret but one that sticks in my mind the most was one where hhh said he had the biggest balls in the company. it was hilarious. it'd be great to find some of them again.however, i'd also appreciate some jericho promos from wcw. i didn't see a lot of them, but i've heard very good things.cheers,.c.

From WCW Nitro, summer 1998.

What happened after this promo, what did Eddie do in the weeks following this?
I think he formed the LWO just after this promo, but I could be wrong.***************October 28th 1995ECW Arena, Philadelphia, PA.Sandman and Mikey Whipwreck are stood in the ring with a free-standing ladder between them. Woman is stood at ringside."Jesus Christ Superstar" plays, and 'The Extreme Superstar' Steve Austin enters the ring with a microphone ...93.jpg"I've been crapped on for four years. I believe I deserve a break".he starts to climb the ladder"I didn't get to climb to the top in WCW like this.I'm up here all the way at the top and I look down and I see two jabroni'sand, from the places I've been, about a five-dollar piece of ass.Whipwreck: you amaze me son. Because you're a go-getter.You ain't got no quit in ya. You don't know what the word quit means.I respect you for that .... but you're still a loser in my book, son.This is Steve Austin talkin' to ya, and if I call you a loser you can damn-well bet it's the truth".he turns to the Sandman ..."Keep drinking a few more beers, smoke some more cigarettes because, yeah, you sure are really, really cool.Brother, I'm gonna get your ass in the ring and I'm gonna run circles around ya.And when your tongue's hanging out there by your feet, and I'm walking off with the damn belt in my hands,you're gonna wonder "What the hell was I thinking? That's Steve Austin!".That's not one of the misfits back there in that god-forsaken dressing room, man. This is Steve Austin".he turns to Woman ..."Don't get me wrong: I could rustle up five dollars, buy a clothes peg to put on my nose, I'd give you a try.And don't even think about looking at me all pissed off, honey.Because it's you that married a midget, not me.I wish both of you guys best wishes.I hope one of you kills the other, because whoever comes out on top:god-damn you're looking at the next champion right here".

• 3 weeks later...

"I ain't real excited about some of the direction the company is taking,

and the way business is being conducted from a writing standpoint.

I've got no problems with any individual talent, but I'm just watching and being very patient,

waiting to see what happens, the reasons that everything happens and that it's done for the right reasons.

I think a lot of things are done for the wrong reasons now, and there's guys being sacrificed.

Hopefully everything will work out".

- 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin on "Byte This", March 15th 2002.

Like many fans, I imagine he still feels the same way now .... almost four years later. :/