WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Paid Members

I hate being stuck between 2 games......I'm a massive Rock Band fan, bought the full band pack last year and have since probably downloaded another 30 or 40 tracks.....the RB2 setlist looks fantastic and having DLC and RB1 songs transfer over is a stroke of genius........

but GH:WT has some fantastic tracks on it....and some damn good DLC coming out (Smashing Pumpkins pack and full Oasis album for example). If only the tracks you downloaded were cross platform like the instruments are. They might as well be seeing as they're essentially the same game, and split the tracks up in the same way.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

The Subspace Emissary mode on Smash brothers pretty much is a scrolling beat'em up with plenty of platforming bits in my experience. Stick with it if only for the absurdity of the "plot". The actual brawling comes with practice. Try picking someone relatively orthodox like Mario or Link while you're getting used to it - if you start with Olimar or someone similar you'll only get more confused. I'd also recommend Kirby for beginners. His down + B special where he sort of turns into a thwomp and slams down is ridiculously damaging. He also has that floating jump that lets you save yourself from a lot of dodgy situations. His downside is that he takes damage at a horrendous rate, but he's pretty user-friendly.

• Moderators
I hate being stuck between 2 games......I'm a massive Rock Band fan, bought the full band pack last year and have since probably downloaded another 30 or 40 tracks.....the RB2 setlist looks fantastic and having DLC and RB1 songs transfer over is a stroke of genius........

but GH:WT has some fantastic tracks on it....and some damn good DLC coming out (Smashing Pumpkins pack and full Oasis album for example). If only the tracks you downloaded were cross platform like the instruments are. They might as well be seeing as they're essentially the same game, and split the tracks up in the same way.

I've opted for World Tour... I was motivated by:

- great tracklisting (there are a couple on Rock Band that I'd love to play, but overall I think WT's is better)

- Free bass

- Metallica Death Magnetic which I downloaded for GHIII is forward compatible

• Paid Members
The Subspace Emissary mode on Smash brothers pretty much is a scrolling beat'em up with plenty of platforming bits in my experience. Stick with it if only for the absurdity of the "plot". The actual brawling comes with practice. Try picking someone relatively orthodox like Mario or Link while you're getting used to it - if you start with Olimar or someone similar you'll only get more confused. I'd also recommend Kirby for beginners. His down + B special where he sort of turns into a thwomp and slams down is ridiculously damaging. He also has that floating jump that lets you save yourself from a lot of dodgy situations. His downside is that he takes damage at a horrendous rate, but he's pretty user-friendly.

Lucas is an incredibly brilliant character to use too. He's weak but he has awesome smash attacks, a very useful smash attack and one of the best recoveries in the game if you master his PK Thunder move.

• Paid Members

I've opted for World Tour... I was motivated by:

- great tracklisting (there are a couple on Rock Band that I'd love to play, but overall I think WT's is better)

- Free bass

- Metallica Death Magnetic which I downloaded for GHIII is forward compatible

Ah I didnt realise GH3 downloads were forwards compatible, I take it this is the same for all GH3 DLC (aside from being guitar only obviously) I have the Muse track pack and the Foo's one I believe.

Ghostbusters update from a few posts up:

Atari has officially confirmed that it has picked up the rights to publish Ghostbusters: The Video Game.

That means that all of the Activision Blizzard orphans are now accounted for except for Brutal Legend, which still has no publisher to call its own.

Atari will also publish Chronicles Of Riddick: Assault On Dark Athena, while THQ picked up 50 Cent: Blood On The Sand. Ghostbusters is out next summer.

:)

• Paid Members
Reliving my childhood by playing Earthworm Jim again on the Wii's Virtual Console.. Just as good as i remember :D

For some reason I can't get my Wii to go online, it's gutting considering some of the quality games that have made the Virtual Console recently...I have to log into my Broadband internet system, and apparently the Wii can't work with any internet provider that requires this. Or so the guy on the Nintendo helpline told me.

im on aol and have the same thing.

pissed me off as i got a wii based on the virtual console.

i tryed setting up my router with the log on PPoE passwords and what not, which let me surf the net with out needing to log on to AOL, but still no luck. :angry:

Edit: the problem with setting the routerup like that is i can get on the net on the PS3, but the lap top frezzes up alot then, so i have to keep switching when trying to get the PSN working.

and i cant get the PS3 on the PSN now, on the net but no PSN :angry::angry::angry:

Edited by Tommy!

Anyone played Mercury Meltdown Revolution on the Wii? It's a bit like Marble Madness meets Soul Bubbles, and you can find it really cheap. On first impressions it seems an enjoyable challenge, but I can see it getting very difficult later on (although there are masses of levels to choose from).

Eurogamer review

I quite enjoyed it. It wasn't as good as Kororinpa though.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix on PS3 last night and loving it so far!! They've re-jigged some of the input commands (making them easier) and given Akuma a firecracker!!!

If anyone needs any advice on how to purchase from the US store, I'd be welcome to help out as it's been delayed indefinitely on the UK Playstation Network.

• 2 weeks later...

Sonic Unleashed, 360 version.

I'm honestly dumbstruck by how good this game was. Okay, so it's not a fantastic game, but a good Sonic game. The "main" levels are the best since the Mega Drive era, and the Werehog levels are as fun as they look shit, i.e. very fun.

On the downside, the final boss couldn't be worse if Sonic Team took it in turns to rape your mum, shoot your dad and loudly patronise your inability to do anything other than SUCK AND DIE.

But, the Sonic levels are good, so, yeah.

FUCK I EVEN LIKE THE GAY VOCAL THEME THIS TIME.

Overall, a fun experience, but for die-hards only. However, it's worth pointing out anyone who is still a die-hard Sonic fan at this point is either patient, insane or has a high tolerance for pain.

Edited by Mr. Baxter