The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

How did WCW introduce Okerlund and Heenan?

Okerlund...I can't remember. His first major show would have been something like Starrcade 93, or possibly the Clash before it. Heenan, I actually do remember. Basically, Okerlund was doing the show opener to the January 94 clash (can't recall the number, but it had a great main event of Sting & Flair v Vader & Rude). Anyways, Heenan basically just walks out behind him, with Okerlund saying something like "how in the hell have you followed me here". Heenan made a humourous comment, and then spent the next six years going through the motions...
That would have been great to see. Trying to scour Youtube as I type.

Is there a website about that covers the cards for the ECW TV shows from the mid-90s, you know the small cable ones or local broadcast only ones they had.www.historyofwwe.com is usually spot on, but seems to have very little.Anyhelp would be appreciated.

From around 1995 (I think), most of the Sportschannel TV was just the regular ECW Arena shows chopped up. Before that they taped special TV shows in Hamburg and some at the Arena. If you look for Arena results and find two in a weekend, the one with lesser matches is the TV taping - I think they were usually on a Sunday. I think the other building was the Hamburg Fieldhouse, though I could be wrong about that.*awaits Lister and Dopper*

Is there a website about that covers the cards for the ECW TV shows from the mid-90s, you know the small cable ones or local broadcast only ones they had.www.historyofwwe.com is usually spot on, but seems to have very little.Anyhelp would be appreciated.

From around 1995 (I think), most of the Sportschannel TV was just the regular ECW Arena shows chopped up. Before that they taped special TV shows in Hamburg and some at the Arena. If you look for Arena results and find two in a weekend, the one with lesser matches is the TV taping - I think they were usually on a Sunday. I think the other building was the Hamburg Fieldhouse, though I could be wrong about that.
Yep, the Fieldhouse was the dingy place where the Cactus/Sabu rematch happened in which Sabu nearly killed himself doing an asai moonsault onto a guardrail and nearly killed Cactus by smacking him repeatedly over the head with the world's strongest beer bottle.They started doing shows in Florida in summer 1994 at about the same time they got on tv there, not sure if they were just house shows or tv tapings though?

Wow. Thanks for all the info! Cheers guys!So I'm guessing its quite tough to find the exact date of such promos as Cactus Jack's cane dewey one, I know it was on tv on August 1995.I'm assuming the TV shows were weeekly.

Edited by ukedge87

• Paid Members

Just wondering does anyone know what dates did Nitro change to 2 hours long, 3 hours long and then back to 2 hours ?

Pretty sure Scott Hall debuted on the first 2 hour Nitro (27 May 1996). It went to 3 hours in early 1998 and returned to 2 hours in late 1999, after Russo took over.

Just wondering does anyone know what dates did Nitro change to 2 hours long, 3 hours long and then back to 2 hours ?

Pretty sure Scott Hall debuted on the first 2 hour Nitro (27 May 1996). It went to 3 hours in early 1998 and returned to 2 hours in late 1999, after Russo took over.
Certainly Nitro was permanently 3 hours by 98, but I do believe the very first 3 hour one was in August 97, the show in Chicago where Lex Luger wracked Hogan to win the world title (amazing as it may sound, it got a fantastic reaction, and likely did a pretty big rating)...

Certainly Nitro was permanently 3 hours by 98, but I do believe the very first 3 hour one was in August 97, the show in Chicago where Lex Luger wracked Hogan to win the world title (amazing as it may sound, it got a fantastic reaction, and likely did a pretty big rating)...
Ah yes, the Road Wild pay-per-view main event of Hogan vs Luger was given away on free tv either 6 or 13 days before said ppv. I remember it getting a a huge crowd reaction when Luger won the strap but the status quo was restored within a fortnight.*** Edited for drunkness, the morning after ***Fair play for using the term status quo when inebriated though. :thumbsup: Edited by dopper