The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

It was Crush that Luger was supposed to face. Good job Luger won the coin toss though otherwise that Crush/Savage feud may never have got its blow off match >_>

thanks for clearing that up not sure what made me think it was borga
I think Borga was injured at the time as well, as Bam Bam replaced him in his match with Tatanka at the Royal Rumble

I always thought that winning the coin toss was a DISadvantage if anything. In kayfabe-terms, Luger, on losing, could've got counted out or DQ'd straight away against Crush and then been fresh against the winner of a likely gruelling World Title match. I know the character would never have played that card, but still. I guess it's the whole issue of the champion's advantage that would've been attractive?...

• Paid Members

I always thought that winning the coin toss was a DISadvantage if anything. In kayfabe-terms, Luger, on losing, could've got counted out or DQ'd straight away against Crush and then been fresh against the winner of a likely gruelling World Title match. I know the character would never have played that card, but still. I guess it's the whole issue of the champion's advantage that would've been attractive?...

I agree, and I always thought it wasn't right that Bret got to wrestle in the opening match and then got the rest of the night to recover. Whereas poor Yoko only got a small rest. It's no wonder he slipped off the ropes near the end and lost the match ;)

It does make Yoko the answer to an awesome trivia question though - he contested two world title matches at two consecutive Wrestlemanias. I wonder if that means he got four main event pay-offs?

Quick queriesWhich Wrestlers challanged The Hells Angels in Manhattan in the 1970's before eventually backing down?What chapter were the Angels from?And what chapter were the Hells Angels that gate crashed WM1?Iam trying to get some confirmation. as me mate is into Angels history and wants to know, buut I aint got a scooby?

Has there ever been a NJPW Super J Cup/Tournament in 1997? According to Wikipedia (I know, I know) Robbie Brookside ''has competed in the New Japan Pro Wrestling's annual tournament, the Super J in 1997 where he picked up a victory over Chris Jericho'' and Doc Dean ''was invited to attend the Super J Tournament in Japan for New Japan Pro Wrestling. In what could be considered the apex of his career, he was allowed to get a rub by being allowed to defeat Jushin "Thunder" Liger because of his potential to become a spectacular junior heavyweight.''.I looked all over the net for information of any kind on this show but I could not find any. Inaccurate Wikipedia glitch I'm guessing?Thanks in advance

• Paid Members

Has there ever been a NJPW Super J Cup/Tournament in 1997? According to Wikipedia (I know, I know) Robbie Brookside ''has competed in the New Japan Pro Wrestling's annual tournament, the Super J in 1997 where he picked up a victory over Chris Jericho'' and Doc Dean ''was invited to attend the Super J Tournament in Japan for New Japan Pro Wrestling. In what could be considered the apex of his career, he was allowed to get a rub by being allowed to defeat Jushin "Thunder" Liger because of his potential to become a spectacular junior heavyweight.''.I looked all over the net for information of any kind on this show but I could not find any. Inaccurate Wikipedia glitch I'm guessing?Thanks in advance

Can't find the match results at all, sorry. Here is the league standings, and the final result.http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/superca...perjr90.html#97 Edited by bAzTNM

• Paid Members

There wasn't a J Cup in 1997, but Brookside and Doc Dean competed in the 1997 Best of the Super Juniors, which is an annual event. You''ll see it shortened to BOSJ on forums. It was known as Top of the super juniors pre-1994. Wrestlers face each other round robin style in two blocks, with the top two scorers from each block making up the semi finals, at which point it becomes a single elimination knock out tournament. The winner gets a shot at the IWGP Junior Heavyweight title, unless they already hold it when they win, as was the case for Tigermask IV in 2005. Block A: Doc Dean, Chavo Guerrerro Jnr, Koji Kanemoto, Jushin Liger, Gran Naniwa, Tatsuhito Takiwa, Dr Wagner Jnr. Brookside and Dean's match results for 97:Dean beat Chavo Guerrerro JnrDean lost to Koji KanemotoDean beat Jushin LigerDean lost to Gran NaniwaDean lost to Tatsuhito TakiwaDean lost to Dr. Wagner Jnr.Finished on two points, did not advance from Block A. Block B: Robbie Brookside, Chris Jericho, Hanzo Nakajima, Shinjiro Ohtani, El Samurai, Scorpio Jnr, Yoshihiro Tajiri. Brookside beat Chris JerichoBrookside lost to Hanzo NakajimaBrookside lost to Shinjiro OhtaniBrookside lost to El Samurai (Eventual winner of the tournament) Brookside lost to Scorpio JnrBrookside lost to Yoshihiro TajiriFinished on one point, did not advance from Block B. Winners: 1988: Shiro Koshinaka 1989-1990: No tournament was held 1991: Norio Honaga 1992: Jushin Liger 1993: Pegasus Kid (Chris Benoit) 1994: Jushin Liger 1995: Wild Pegasus (Chris Benoit) 1996: Black Tiger (Eddie Guerrero) 1997: El Samurai 1998: Koji Kanemoto 1999: Kendo Ka Shin 2000: Tatsuhito Takaiwa2001: Jushin Liger2002: Koji Kanemoto2003: Masahito Kakihara2004: Tiger Mask IV2005: Tiger Mask IV 2006: MINORU2007: Milano Collection ATThis year's tournament kicks off at the end of May.Block A Wataru Inoue Jushin LigerMinoru Ryusuke Taguchi Tatsuhito Takaiwa Yujiro Block B AKIRAPrince DevittKoji KanemotoTetsuya NaitoJimmy RaveTiger Mask IVAs for J Cups, there have been four, each hosted by a different promotion. 1994 (New Japan) - Won by Wild Pegasus (Chris Benoit).1995 (WAR) - Jushin Liger. 2000 (Michinoku Pro) - Jushin Liger. 2004 (Osaka Pro) - Naomichi Marufuji. Edited by JLM

Maybe a stupid question, so sorry:In the old WWF logos, it's easy to make out the WWF letters- two Ws on top of one another with the right hand side forming the F. One thing that's always bugged me: in the WWE logo, are you supposed to be able to make out a similar thing (the letters WWE) or was it designed as such so they could use the 'get the F out' campaign, with just the F missing? I can obviosly see the Ws, but not really the E (not without a bit of imagination stretching).Thanks.

• Paid Members

One thing that's always bugged me: in the WWE logo, are you supposed to be able to make out a similar thing (the letters WWE) or was it designed as such so they could use the 'get the F out' campaign, with just the F missing? I can obviosly see the Ws, but not really the E (not without a bit of imagination stretching).

I don't think it's supposed to saw WWE anymore. I think it was just done to ensure it was as close as possible to the previous logo, also possibly to try and make editing easier, which hasn't really worked!

Why didn't they just add another line to the "F" to make it an "E"?would've been easier to edit the logo then too.

Becasue the marketing firm they consulted adivsed that this would be silly. Better to enter into a full on rebranding process, available for a very reasonable fee :rolleyes: