The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Can anyone enlighten me on the circumstances surrounding the departure of 911 from ECW in early 1996?

He got choked out by Taz as one of the first "big" victims of the Path of Rage. Unfortunately, 911 didn't quite understand the rules of the game, and popped right back up. Heyman was FURIOUS and fired him on the spot.I know he came back briefly (to get properly choked out) and was briefly in WCW as well, but I have no idea where he is now. More than likely he's running or bouncing at a bar somewhere in Jersey.
Wrestling under the name of Tombstone. Think he appeared on a couple of episodes of Saturday Night and that was him done.
Didn't he also appear on the Philadelphia Nitro the night after ECW Barely Legal?
He was also known as Big Al in WCW.Just found the Philadelphia Nitro results mentioned above -

April 14, 1997: Chris Benoit pinned The Barbarian...United States Champion, Dean Malenko, defeated Hector Guerrero...Rey Misterio Jr. pinned Juventud Guerrera...World Television Champion, Ultimo Dragon, pinned Lane Carleson...World Cruiserweight Champion, Syxx, defeated Prince Iaukea...Public Enemy defeated High Voltage in a street fight...The Giant pinned Big Al...Diamond Dallas Page pinned Konnan...Jeff Jarrett and Steve McMichael defeated Harlem Heat by Disqualification...Lex Luger defeated Kevin Nash by Disqualification.

• Paid Members

Can anyone enlighten me on the circumstances surrounding the departure of 911 from ECW in early 1996?

He got choked out by Taz as one of the first "big" victims of the Path of Rage. Unfortunately, 911 didn't quite understand the rules of the game, and popped right back up. Heyman was FURIOUS and fired him on the spot.I know he came back briefly (to get properly choked out) and was briefly in WCW as well, but I have no idea where he is now. More than likely he's running or bouncing at a bar somewhere in Jersey.
Wrestling under the name of Tombstone. Think he appeared on a couple of episodes of Saturday Night and that was him done.
Didn't he also appear on the Philadelphia Nitro the night after ECW Barely Legal?
He was also known as Big Al in WCW.Just found the Philadelphia Nitro results mentioned above -

April 14, 1997: Chris Benoit pinned The Barbarian...United States Champion, Dean Malenko, defeated Hector Guerrero...Rey Misterio Jr. pinned Juventud Guerrera...World Television Champion, Ultimo Dragon, pinned Lane Carleson...World Cruiserweight Champion, Syxx, defeated Prince Iaukea...Public Enemy defeated High Voltage in a street fight...The Giant pinned Big Al...Diamond Dallas Page pinned Konnan...Jeff Jarrett and Steve McMichael defeated Harlem Heat by Disqualification...Lex Luger defeated Kevin Nash by Disqualification.

Not the same Big Al that Tank Abbott threatened with a knife? Or do I have my names wrong?

I have a feeling I may have asked this before somehwere, but blanked it from my memory:-Can someone explain Hayabusa's various alter-egos to me? "H", "Welcome to the Darkside of Hayabusa" etc.Cheers.

I should probably leave this up to someone who actually knows to answer, but didn't they run a storyline in FMW where an evil authority figure made Hayabusa give up his gimmick? And as far as the 'H' character goes, I seem to recall the later 'H' in Japanese culture (Echhi, or something) is synonimus with sex, so if you are 'H' you are too interested in sex for your own good.I'm rambling now.

Not the same Big Al that Tank Abbott threatened with a knife? Or do I have my names wrong?
I'm sure there were two Big Al's (and who needed one?). The Giant's squashing of 911 (Al Poling) was meant as pot shot at ECW.

I'm sure there were two Big Al's (and who needed one?). The Giant's squashing of 911 (Al Poling) was meant as pot shot at ECW.
There were definately two Big Al's. The one who Tank threatened with a knife was one of his real life buddies.