Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

An incredibly moving but incredible show for Pacs memory.

AEW what a tremendously classy company from the Excalibur open, Renee's statement and the show of respect to between everyone 

I thought the matches touched on a part of his career really well 

I will say though I got the chills with the opening Moxley promo shot after All Out talking about a eulogy and life and less than 24 hours we loose Pac 😪 very haunting

Rip the bastard

Posted

The shot of Will on the top rope with the picture of Pac behind him was a fantastic shot. 
I don’t really watch wrestling anymore but I think I will search this show out.
 

Probably for the other thread but I’m gonna put it here. Really loved Pac’s matches ever since I first saw him. Someone else mentioned it perfectly in the other thread about Pac’s offence somehow working as a heel. It always worked for me, I really don’t like high-flying/overly choreographed moves but his aerial moves always meant something, it was amazing to see live, like awe inspiring, I can’t add it any better than others already have.

For me the things that hit home are the comments from all across the wrestling world, not just about his wrestling but about what a great guy he was to everyone. It just brings home there is a human behind the performer. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

An all-time incredible, beautiful, heart-wrenching, surreal, tragic masterpiece of wrestling television. I really wish we never had to see it. 

 

5 hours ago, RedTwoster said:

In a year where All In 2026 happened, the greatest PPV of all time, it's remarkable and appropriate that AEW managed to put on arguably the best show of the year in the PAC tribute show. 

That was incredible. Moving, emotional, tragic but also beautiful and, at times, joyful. It was exactly what a PAC tribute show should have been, as wonderful as he was. 

I hadn't thought for a second that Danielson might make his return to the ring on this show, but what a tribute that in itself was. Frankly, I never thought we'd see Bryan wrestle again. The fact he was willing to do so with no time at all to prepare was so meaningful. The very definition of a bittersweet moment - something I always wanted to see, but not in circumstances I ever could have wanted. 

Moxley/Orange was one of the best matches of the year. In fact, Moxley was incredible throughout this show and really showed why he is one of the greatest of all time and the beating heart of AEW. He put on incredible matches, made me laugh and also made me shed tears. His post All-Out promo was one of the most fitting tributes to PAC, without it ever having been intended to be that. It's one of his all-time great promos, and the fact that it was the last time we saw PAC on camera for AEW is gut-wrenching. I'm glad they aired it, it felt very appropriate to do so. 

Renee Paquette delivering that statement from the family was absolutely devastating, but she deserves enormous credit for being able to do that. I don't think I could have. Like her husband, she's one of the best ever at what she does and her ability to do something like this is further evidence of that. 

Marina Shafir was also incredible throughout this show. She comes across as one of the biggest badasses in wrestling (and certainly did here) but her multiple tributes to PAC, to Ben, were so emotional, and so appropriate. 

That said, every single person who appeared on this show deserves enormous credit. They were all incredible - Hangman, Ospreay, Ricochet, The Bucks, Omega, Ricochet, each member of the Don Callis Family, Persephone, Mercedes, Britt Baker, Thunder Rosa, Hyan, Swerve and the New Level, Jay White, Tony Schiavone, Excalibur - I'm sure I'm forgetting people but each one of them was amazing. 

It was an emotional watch, it's something I obviously wish I didn't have to see. But it was exactly what PAC deserved - a spectacular, stunning, even magical show that completely captured the spirit of who PAC was. It couldn't have been more fitting. Well done to all involved, and RIP PAC. I'll miss you.

These two posts say everything I would want to, beautifully.

I'm mad with myself that I couldn't manage to watch this live and made that I had stuff on this morning that meant it took me half the day to get through. I was so desperate to see this. It was a brilliant tribute to an incredible guy.

I was in bits for most of it. Just watching those guys and girls go out there and put their hearts on the line for their friend in a public environemnt. Involving everyone who works in the company and the crowd. It's why pro-wrestling should be the best entertainment in the world. It's got everything. There's a reason why we all fell in love with it.

If only more of the people were like Pac.

Edited by tiger_rick
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Even by their incredibly high standards for these type of shows. Knowing how classy this company can be. This was a whole new level. That was the most beautiful, emotional, incredible TV show of all time. I’m a wreck.

Too many moments I’ll never forget. Moxley’s fascinatingly fitting post-PPV promo. Orange Cassidy and Hangman Page crying on the way to the ring. How upset Austin Creed was. Cassidy and Mox’s perfect recreation of the Revolution 2020 spots. Renee’s incredible delivery of the family’s statement. Kenny Omega flying from Japan to appear. Ospreay, who said in recent interviews he couldn’t even do a Shooting Star Press anymore, somehow miraculously hitting the Black Arrow and then celebrating nailing it more than him winning the World Title at Wembley. And then the greatest wrestler of all time coming out of retirement and going 110%, hitting dives and taking fuckin’ German Suplex bumps on his knackered neck, all whilst Moxley cheers us all up with his outstanding commentary.

A masterpiece of a show.

It’s so, so shit that these type of shows have to exist, but this company is the absolute gold standard at delivering them.

Edited by Supremo
Posted

What a lovely tribute to a phenomenal wrestler, and by all accounts, a phenomenal person.

Ricochet selling the DDT exactly like PAC seemed to make me tear up, as well as Hangman's tribute and I couldn't make it all the way through Renee's reading of the statement either.

Posted

Fucks sake. I'd just about calmed it down and then watched Mox and now I'm back at it again. Just genuinely heartbreaking all round. The fact that everyone - EVERYONE - fucking adored him.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...