Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted March 1, 2025 Awards Moderator Posted March 1, 2025 The great Frankie Crisp has asked me to take over this bit of the awards for him. Cast your votes, discuss your picks. Voting will be open until probably Monday 10th.
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 1, 2025 Ooft, this is a tough one. Jericho is awful, but Baker has regressed to the point I can’t imagine not voting for her…so I will.
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted March 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 2, 2025 Let down by my fellow Moxley haters. Disgusted.
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted March 2, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 2, 2025 18 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said: Let down by my fellow Moxley haters. Disgusted. I was shoulder to shoulder with you brother.
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted March 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 3, 2025 I'll always click Adam Cole in these polls. Just the absolute worst.
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 3, 2025 2 hours ago, Onyx2 said: I'll always click Adam Cole in these polls. Just the absolute worst. For me, Adam Cole isn’t so much bad as he is bland. As a heel, he’s the most generic heel you could imagine. As a babyface, he has no defining personality traits. While he’s solid in ring, his style is essentially the default move set you’d get when building a lightweight create-a-wrestler. Maybe that does make him worst wrestler, but for me, to be the worst you have to be memorable in some way, but he’s so bland that I’m certain I’ll have forgotten about him in 10-15-years time.
Paid Members Onyx2 Posted March 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 3, 2025 57 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: For me, Adam Cole isn’t so much bad as he is bland. As a heel, he’s the most generic heel you could imagine. As a babyface, he has no defining personality traits. While he’s solid in ring, his style is essentially the default move set you’d get when building a lightweight create-a-wrestler. Maybe that does make him worst wrestler, but for me, to be the worst you have to be memorable in some way, but he’s so bland that I’m certain I’ll have forgotten about him in 10-15-years time. I guess I'm relabelling the category 'most undeserving', he's worshipped and pushed wherever he goes and he's just nothing. Not only that, I can't recall anything he does in the ring, what his voice sounds like, or anything other than the phrase 'bay-bee'. And whilst it doesn't have to be "an upper body business" I can't look past his weedy physique. There are definitely worse and more dangerous wrestlers, but he wastes my time and that's the worst crime.
Paid Members JLM Posted March 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 3, 2025 I voted for Jericho but Cole ran him close. I don’t often skip entire segments and matches on the main AEW shows but I cannot be doing with Cole’s shit any more. Also the Panama Sunrise is the worst wrestling move. Not qualifying that either. Not “one of the worst” or the the worst currently in use. The worst. It encapsulates everything wrong with his approach to the in-ring part of wrestling. So very tone deaf and with zero self awareness. Under-sized underdog? Goes toe to toe with Takeshita. Wrestling a limited late career Jericho in a mid card program? Let’s see if we can outdo three stages of hell. Worried about increasing Canadian Destroyer fatigue after every bastard started doing it? Why not do a much much much much much worse version? Almost wish I could change my vote now.
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted March 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 3, 2025 10 minutes ago, Onyx2 said: I guess I'm relabelling the category 'most undeserving', he's worshipped and pushed wherever he goes and he's just nothing. Not only that, I can't recall anything he does in the ring, what his voice sounds like, or anything other than the phrase 'bay-bee'. And whilst it doesn't have to be "an upper body business" I can't look past his weedy physique. There are definitely worse and more dangerous wrestlers, but he wastes my time and that's the worst crime. In many ways, being forgettable is worse than being bad, so it’s definitely a fair vote.
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted March 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 3, 2025 Cole is absolutely fucking shit but so forgettable that he's mostly harmless. People work with him, move on from it and no one even remembers it happened five minutes later. Jericho on the other hand for the past year has had an actively negative effect where not only is he bad, but he damages everyone he works with.
Paid Members JLM Posted March 3, 2025 Paid Members Posted March 3, 2025 (edited) Yeah that’s what swung it for me ultimately. I can skip Cole but Jericho gets his claws into too many good things to ignore. Not only derailing and stalling the careers of hot prospects, but SAMOA BLEEDIN’ JOE spent time on him. I don’t know how much Joe we have left, so that is beyond criminal to me. Hook/Joe/Shibata cooking? Jerichoed. Mark Briscoe too, doing some of the best work of his career on the mic and in the ring and he had to waste a big chunk of it working Jericho for the ROH title. Edited March 3, 2025 by JLM
Recommended Posts