16 minutes ago, hallicks said:

I missed the Survation MRP coming out yesterday, which makes for quite entertaining viewing:

And it’s all down to Sir Keir and his grown up politics!

Apparently the woman who threw the milkshake over Farage has an OnlyFans, so obviously she did it to raise her own profile according to sensible politicos. Supertanskii must be worried about this threat to her thirsty centrist dad grift, but then again, that lot probably see milkshaking as a step too far. 

• Paid Members

Poll out today (conducted after the Farage announcement) with Conservatives on 19% and Reform on 17%. There's a genuine chance that at least one poll before the election puts Reform ahead and the Tory party completely freaks out (not that that would necessarily be noticeable.)

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JNLister said:

Poll out today (conducted after the Farage announcement) with Conservatives on 19% and Reform on 17%. There's a genuine chance that at least one poll before the election puts Reform ahead and the Tory party completely freaks out (not that that would necessarily be noticeable.)

Do you have a link to the poll by any chance?

Edited by Scratch

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

TL;DR on the post-Farage polls: Reform are up and Conservatives and Labour both down. However, it's mainly people who weren't going to vote now saying they'll vote Reform (plus a few Conservative-Reform switchers). More people voting means the big two parties are down in % terms even without losing any voters.

That's still much worse news for the Tories than Labour because it means Labour's lead over the Tories is proportionally bigger (eg 40-20 compared with 44-24) and that can make the difference in how many seats flip over. (That's because it makes it more important for the Tory vote to be distributed efficiently, meaning there a bigger chance they narrowly miss out in a lot of seats and Labour only just win in a lot of seats.)

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

Fetishising the second world war is something the Conservative Party is built on, so I can only surmise that Sunak is doubling down on trying to lose. 

Now the French have let it be known that he didn't want to go in the first place and had to be talked into it. You'd expect Labour politicians to fuck this kind of thing up but not Tories. 

I’m sure the same press who used a protractor to ascertain if a former party leader was bowing sufficiently at the cenotaph will be applying the same rigorous standards to this. 

24 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I’m sure the same press who used a protractor to ascertain if a former party leader was bowing sufficiently at the cenotaph will be applying the same rigorous standards to this. 

To be fair this individual had form for trampling over the graves of our war dead. Let's never forget that time he wore a scruffy coat at the cenotaph. 

• Paid Members

It does thrill me to see him bombing so badly in his first proper election. It’s never sat right with me that our PM was an unelected millionaire during the hardest financial period for our country in recent history, so to see him finally have to put himself forward and die on his arse is very pleasing. 

My wife works in his constituency and she said people talk about him like he’s a local hero and all say he’s “their lad” and stuff like that. It’s mostly all little villages full of old poshos and farmers so I would love to know how they talk about him after fucking D-Day off.

3 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I really don't want to watch anything including Farage but I want to hear what the rest of them have to say... I find myself in a bit of a dilemma.

Think I’ll have my finger hovering over the mute button but like that prick is only going to speak when it’s his turn!

Not that I’m going to vote for his party, but it’s nice to hear a major leader in Ed Davey actually talk about the disabled and carers without talking about getting them back to work and demonising them for being scroungers. 

• Paid Members

I won’t mind listening to Farage tonight as you would hopefully assume every time he speaks one of the other candidates will tell him how full of shit he is.

• Paid Members

Farage is full of shit but he understands how flag shagging works. 

For those of you that don't know, Al Murray has a succesful WW2 podcast and runs a WW2 history festival with the historian James Holland. Al has also written books on WW2 so that's why he was there. Unfortunately he isn't standing against Farage like he did at the last election.