UFC 303: Pereira vs Prochazka 2 - Jun 29 🇺🇸

Who wins?   

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Conor has made a statement on twitter saying it was something to do with obstacles that couldn't be met. I'm sorry but it's a press conference in Dublin your home country which you knew about way in advance. Apparently he wasn't in Dublin yesterday or the day before which is also worth noting.

At this stage it's not funny or acceptable behaviour towards chandler his opponent, the UFC as a business and his fans who paid a fair amount I'm going to guess just for a press conference to see him which sold out in 4 minutes.

I'm not hopeful or confident this is going to happen just look at the videos online or him in clubs coked off his tits blatantly disrespecting Michael chandler who's putting blood sweat and tears into his fight camp which I really believe is going to be for nothing with it falling through.

I severely hope chandler will be compensated for sitting out for nearly two years and killing himself in camp it's so bad and heartbreaking from the guy who did so much for the sport to now behaving like a child and having no care or regards for anyone whatsoever.

• Paid Members

Apparently ESPN have removed the option to pre-order UFC 303. Dana, Conor and Chandler have gone quiet on the whole thing. And there’s been all kinds of rumours about the fight being off yet Dana hasn’t rushed to the nearest camera to call the media lying cunts like he usually does.

Yeah, it’s off. 

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

I’m definitely thinking the fight’s off. What good reason could there be for cancelling the Dublin presser? And the fact there’s been zero details about why it’s been sacked off is the really telling sign.

Not a clue what they do with this card if the fight is in the bin. They threw all their eggs in the basket case that is Conor McGregor thinking his name alone would carry it. And if the fight is off, I can’t even think who’s available to headline this one.

Yeah. They were using the McGregor promoting idea from the old days, forgetting it's no longer the old days and McGregor is off the rails altogether. It doesn't take hindsight to look at this situation and know that they should have loaded this one up. 

At the very least there should have been a strong lightweight fight underneath as a backup. 

• Paid Members

Seen a few people suggesting doing Max Holloway against Chandler for the BMF belt if Conor’s out. It’d probably be about as good a save as you could make on just a few weeks notice but I really don’t give a fuck about that fight. No doubt it’d be exciting but Max would absolutely school Chandler, it’s not an interesting fight and Max deserves so much better coming off that all time great KO against Gaethje at 300. Max should be fighting Topuria for the Featherweight belt. Not being used as a fill-in against an ageing, rusty midget with a 50-50 UFC record.

Max mightn’t be an option anyway. Fans and media love to speculate and fantasy book and go ‘just throw Max in there’ but he could be banged up, have family plans or commitments or just focused on what should be his actual next fight against Topuria. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

For now at least, it seems the fight is still on. Who actually knows but Chandler is saying it’s definitely on (could just be wishful thinking though) and the UFC did upload the official McGregor vs Chandler promo video to their YouTube last night. We’ll see.

IMG_4786.png.7f884b75d60e2878c35b5a9983d36772.png

You know, I was saying the undercard for this was weak and it’s still not stacked. But looking at it there, it’s pretty solid barring a few exceptions. All it really needed was a stronger co-main and I don’t think you’d have had any complaints. Main card is obviously being carried purely by McGregor’s name but Garry vs MVP, while it has fairly high potential to be an absolute stinker, has something about it and will get people talking. And I’m semi invested in the Jamahal Hill and Joe Pyfer fights just because I really wanna see them both get chinned. 

I actually think the prelims are better than the PPV here. Not in star power, of course, but in terms of actual fights. Those top 4 prelims are all really fun matchups, and all 135/145 which helps. And even on the Fight Pass bit, Rei Tsuruya’s debut has my attention. On the prelims, it’s only the Arlovski and Waterson fights leaving me cold. And even then there’s potential for feel-good wins for the veterans. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Rumours again now that McGregor vs Chandler is off 🥱 I hope it is tbh.

This is Helwani’s latest update.

IMG_5735.thumb.jpeg.0678137677c74196abf203121787f384.jpeg

In other (possibly related) news, Jiri Prochazka has been hinting that he’s signed a contract for his next fight and hoping it’ll be announced in the next few days. If McGregor vs Chandler is off, Pereira vs Jiri 2 wouldn’t upset me as a substitute. Although, you’d have to assume a lot of fans are gonna want refunds if McGregor is out. Like him or not, his return is the reason this card has the highest gate in UFC history. For me, I’d rather see Pereira vs Jiri 2. But this card has been sold on McGregor’s name. Bullshit that they’ve probably known he’s out for weeks now, yet they haven’t confirmed it and have kept advertising it as ‘UFC 303: McGregor vs Chandler’ regardless. 

• Paid Members

Well it’s finally confirmed…

Gotta say, the quality of this card just improved quite dramatically for me. For those that don’t wanna listen to fuckface above…

- Conor McGregor is indeed out with an injury. 

- Alex Pereira vs Jiri Prochazka 2 for the Light Heavyweight title is the new main event. 

- Brian Ortega vs Diego Lopes is now co-main. Which I never saw coming at all and I love that fight!

- Jamahal Hill is also out (LOL) so now Carlos Ulberg is fighting Anthony Smith.

IMB_JDNjeP.gif

A very good replacement fight. I do hope they reschedule the Connor/Chandler fight soon, I want Chandler to get his pay day so he can stop waiting around and carry on with the remainder of his career.

Anthony Smith coming in on short notice is not good for him, I love Anthony Smith as he is a great guy to hear talk, but Ulberg has been training for Hill so he is going to be ready to go, Smith on the other hand won't be that fit. If both were coming in with a full fight camp, Ulberg would still be the slight favourite.

Diego Lopes vs Ortega is going to be amazing.

This has split me in complete honesty. The loss of Conor McGregor Vs Michael chandler a fight we've waited two years to get is a disappointment and blow no other fight could come close to having. Then we lose the co main event as well this week couldn't have thrown Dana and the UFC a disastrous situation and I respect that.

Personally the replacements are strong enough all things considered but I don't feel close to the excitement and big time ppv it was. 

I don't think it's going any better for jiri Alex Pereira is a freak of nature who's tearing through his opponents.

I'll be honest what a disaster hand Jamal Hill has been handed getting yet another serious injury and being on the bench again. However he can't be that shocked trying to turn around so quickly after he got his jaw knocked into the eighth row but what a bummer for him.

The replacement for him gets a replacement himself do not Invision this going well for lionheart not at all haha 

• Paid Members

I don't know how much of a minority I'm in, but I really couldn't give a shiny shit about McGregor/Chandler. No McG fight has had any appeal for me in quite some time - even to see him get beaten up doesn't matter much, considering we got that catharsis from Poirier not only beating him, but also getting the trilogy win. And Chandler is a bit of a non-entity for me.

• Paid Members

Yeah, fuck Conor. Obviously I went to town on the opening post just because there was so much to talk about but don’t mistake that for me being mega excited about his return. Even if he made it to the fight, everyone needs to accept that the glory days are long gone. He’s been on the roster over a decade now and would likely have been on the decline anyway by now, even if he’d done everything right. Now he’s weeks away from turning 36, hasn’t fought in 3 years and has won a grand total of one MMA fight in almost 7 years. That’s before you even get into his bodged up shin, his alcohol and drug fetish and various legal matters. It’s over. I’d be quite happy if he never comes back. 

Oh I completely agree with you he's now become the person and fighter he hated and swore he would never be.

It wasn't the excitement and highlight expectancy we had back literally years ago. It's the energy and passion that comes with a Conor McGregor show it really is like nothing else and I doubt we'll ever get that again.

I'm so deeply disgusted and angry because of his selfish/egotistical behaviour and actions Michael chandler has been out and inactive for two years which is two years without getting a paycheck and I completely understand his choices and decision to wait because you ain't getting a opportunity to main event against Conor McGregor in let's be honest now his last fight because he ain't coming back and fighting again after this. If he does it will be four years between so Yeah that opportunity is not one your going to get angry and take a fight before risking getting a injury and losing that one. 

International fight week too Dana's gonna feel this one for a good while lol 

• wandshogun09 changed the title to UFC 303: Pereira vs Prochazka 2 - Jun 29 🇺🇸
  • Paid Members

Updated the opening post and the poll with the card changes. And this is the current bout order according to Marcel Dorff…

IMG_7045.png.89ae0addb9f7fdc971d0eda33a4a8e94.png

Good stuff. Although why in the fuck they’ve relegated my ‘one to watch’ Simon vs Oliveira down to the curtain jerk spot baffles my head. Especially when you’ve got an almost guaranteed rotter like Bueno Silva vs Chiasson in a prominent position on the main card?