Ring Of Fire: Fury vs Usyk - May 18 🇸🇦🥊

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yep. Fury, AJ and Wilder should’ve all fought each other years ago yet they fucked about so long Usyk’s gone and mopped up all the gold from under their noses. 

There were bumps in the road but there was a window when that fight would have been an absolute juggernaut. I wasn't particularly obsessed with seeing it, but it would have made a hell of a lot of money. That money's been left on the table now, and Usyk has pissed all over the British fight of the century fever dream.

Despite his previously unblemished record, I'm never quite sure what we're going to get from Fury. I always feel that he's as likely to fall apart completely as he is to win reasonably comfortably. He actually gave a decent account of himself against a guy that has the makings of an all time great. He wouldn't be completely outmatched in a second fight, but if he's beating Usyk he's going to have to do it the hard way. Guys like him aren't prone to off days, bad luck and chaotic training camps. He's going to have to be better than him, and at the moment I don't see it. 

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Donald J Trump said:

I wasn't particularly obsessed with seeing it, but it would have made a hell of a lot of money. That money's been left on the table now

I'm pretty sure the Saudi money more than makes up for anything lost in the UK, and then some.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Cacace’s performance against Cordina was the highlight of the undercard for me. Just relentless. Really enjoyed that fight.

Kabayel just broke Sanchez down with the body shots, started with them early and just kept digging away with them until Sanchez folded. 

27 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

I'm pretty sure the Saudi money more than makes up for anything lost in the UK, and then some.

That's true, even if it was a fight that had appeal beyond Britain. I'm not sure it would be either or though. I think there would have been enough scope for a fight between AJ and Fury and the Saudi fights, even for the loser of that contest. Saudi money has already starting creeping in back then, so that fight in Saudi would have been pretty lucrative. I'm not suggesting it'll keep anyone up at night, just that the fight as a generational attraction feels like a bit of a missed opportunity. 

I know he's got a fight to promote but anyone that gets through a build with a clown like Fury and demonstrates their dignity has my respect. I've not seen everything, and I'm sure in time honoured fashion something will emerge that bites me on the arse, but from what I've seen he's been a class act. I've not seen much of John since his antagonistic buffoonery stopped serving any utility. 

2 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Not a clue what he’s on about but I love this. Absolutely off his head 🤣

It's like the Rowland Birkin QC character from The Fast Show! "I'm afraid I was very, very (punch) drunk"

Posted (edited)

Undisputed!!!

Now there is no doubt who the number 1 heavyweight on the planet is. What a really good fight, credit to both men. I had Usyk winning by a few rounds but I was worried, especially in the sixth round that Fury may do it, but Usyk took back over and that ninth round at the end was electric, I thought Usyk had him, was going to finish him in front of everyone but it wasn't to be. I hope the rematch happens, only fight out there for either fighter.

Edited by Gooner
Typo.

• Paid Members

I don’t even think it was a case of him coasting. Watching it back the other day, it seemed like Usyk really went all in on making Tyson work harder than he wanted to in the first half of the fight, to the point he was probably well aware it would mean he’d probably concede some rounds and have a rough time of it. But him constantly pressuring and forcing Tyson to keep throwing punches to keep him at bay paid off in the later rounds. I don’t think Tyson was actively coasting, he was probably just feeling the pace a bit. He still had spells of success even after that disastrous 9th round, but no man that size is gonna be able to maintain that pace for the full 12 rounds.

I think Tyson knew it was gonna be something like that as well, hence him coming in lighter. He knew he was gonna have to work harder than usual in there. I think Fury thought all those body shots would make up for that but Usyk soaked them up. Hopefully this fight puts to bed the overplaying of ‘Usyk’s weak to the body’ thing. He took a bunch of vicious body shots from Fury and still kept coming at him and putting the pressure on.