AEW Dynamite Thread 2024

DavidB6937

4 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Separately, if we don't get Danielson vs Darby before Danielson hangs up his boots that would be absolutely tragic.

Gosh, I hadn't realised we'd not had that match. Surely that'll happen in some form? Although, if Danielson is going part-time, perhaps they'll save a few potential 'dream matches' for the next stage of Danielson's career.

• Paid Members

WrestleDream is taking place in Washington state this year, it's presumed that's where Danielson's full time run is ending and it's both Danielson and Darby's home state so could be a good place to run that match.

Not sure who else Danielson could face in his final full-time match. If he's healthy (unlikely) then Danielson/Omega 2 would be the best option. Otherwise I'd be happy with any of the following: Ospreay 2, Samoa Joe, Darby or Orange Cassidy.

2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Not sure who else Danielson could face in his final full-time match. If he's healthy (unlikely) then Danielson/Omega 2 would be the best option. Otherwise I'd be happy with any of the following: Ospreay 2, Samoa Joe, Darby or Orange Cassidy.

I feel like Moxley might be the most likely candidate; with Danielson fighting his way through the BCC on his way out - not because they've turned on him, but in some kind of 'I've tested myself against the best AEW has to offer - now, as I wrap up my full-time career, I want to test myself against you'

(I know he's already wrestled some of them, but you get what I mean...) 

I'm pretty certain you know what I enjoy most about wrestling by now, Goosh - emotion-based stories - so needless to say I'd be massively into this, if this is indeed the path they choose to take. The thought of the kind of promos Moxley would cut...I think it could be magical. 

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

I feel like Moxley might be the most likely candidate; with Danielson fighting his way through the BCC on his way out - not because they've turned on him, but in some kind of 'I've tested myself against the best AEW has to offer - now, as I wrap up my full-time career, I want to test myself against you'

(I know he's already wrestled some of them, but you get what I mean...) 

I'm pretty certain you know what I enjoy most about wrestling by now, Goosh - emotion-based stories - so needless to say I'd be massively into this, if this is indeed the path they choose to take. The thought of the kind of promos Moxley would cut...I think it could be magical. 

I like this idea in theory but Moxley just feels so knackered and washed right now I don't think it'd live up to your expectations. Couple that with the fact that the BCC has barely felt like a real thing for the past year I'm not sure the story and the emotion would be there.

Whatever happens, I suppose this final run will be determined by whether or not he wins the big one at Wembley. The fallout of that match should probably give a clear idea of where Danielson's final few months are heading.

34 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I like this idea in theory but Moxley just feels so knackered and washed right now I don't think it'd live up to your expectations. Couple that with the fact that the BCC has barely felt like a real thing for the past year I'm not sure the story and the emotion would be there.

I don't disagree about Mox - it sometimes feels like he's coasting, which is a real shame. But I still love the guy, and I'd love to see that spark return. 

I'd also not be against Bryan winning the title in a close fought match - offering Swerve a rematch, causing a deranged, angry Hangman to confront him - eventually leading to Bryan/Hangman as his 'goodbye for now' match. I'd love to see Hangman have another run with the title that completely wipes his disappointing first run from memory. As a heel character - as this heel character - I reckon he'd do that. 

• Paid Members

He's just the best! Well deserved. 

2 hours ago, I Bent My Wookie said:

I love Wheeler Yuta as a miserable, angry bastard.

Me too. He's great at playing a nasty little goblin sidekick to the big lads. I know physique isn't as important to be a star in wrestling these days but I really wish Yuta would pack a few pounds on, his upper chest and arms are so tiny. It really hurts his credibility as an actual threat and will limit how far he can go.

• Paid Members

Darby, Hangman, Swerve and Mark Briscoe are the best and most creative hardcore match wrestlers in a generation. And Darby, Hangman, Swerve, Briscoe, Perry and Nick Jackson are also the most completely fearless at taking mad bumps possibly in wrestling history. So despite the build being subpar I think this match is going to be fucking insane and awesome. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Call it cinema. Call it art. Whatever you want to call it, this was fucking beautiful. They’ve got something special with these two. No wonder they aren’t wasting it at Wembley. I totally get it now. You’ve already sold 50,000 tickets. Might as well save your best hand for later in the year. Save the Exploding Barb Wire Deathmatch to warm up those cold Winter months. Hangman’s gonna cost him that belt in London. Bryan wins the big one. Hangman and Swerve continue to feud forever. Perfect.

Probably my favourite Blood and Guts match they’ve ever done. As mentioned previously, the build has been a bit shit, and it was really dumb to have no real stakes, but as expected it was just a wild, super fun match thanks to all the fantastic talent involved. Just a brilliant bunch of creative, fearless maniacs. Time flew by. I don’t think I got bored once.

You could almost look at it philosophically. They went into 2024 wanting to rebuild and recapture what made AEW so great. This was the proof in the pudding. All these top, top lads who should have always been main characters, now getting the chance to properly shine. Mark Briscoe and Darby Allin suddenly looking like potentially the greatest tag team of all time. Anthony Bowens proving it’s time for the singles push. Swerve just being the fucking man. Hangman being Hangman, the best character in all of pro-wrestling. Jack Perry being a glorious prick. Okada hilariously managing to take zero damage, just having a lovely, safe time. Even Double J getting a cheeky look in. Ain’t he great.

This was the polar opposite to last year, when Kota Ibushi broke my heart by turning up so washed up. Extremely excited about this company right now. Everything is going right.

Max Caster was also there, unfortunately.

Edited by Supremo

Nearly everything is really fucking great right now. So much good stuff across the board. Still a few misses but we all need toilet breaks right. But on the whole it's an impressive solid set of booking. Not sure who's responsible these days but it feels a lot more cohesive.

• Paid Members

Of course you've still got useless lumps like Jericho, but overall it feels a million times more focused than this time last year. All In looks great, with loads of razor-sharp directions.

Was it ever reported why the build up to Wembley was such a rushed mess last year? Why nobody even said the word, "Wembley," for weeks? I presume Tony Khan was too busy to write up a card, keeping track and updating his spreadsheet on who was and wasn't banned from Collision.