UFC Vegas: Ankalaev vs Walker 2 - Jan 13 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins?   

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wasnt a bad card, all in all. Suprised that when it was only at the 2 hour mark, the main event was coming on, which helped alot. Some times these Apex shows head into 3 to 4 hour territory. Arlovski had the fight hes seemingly been having for 5 years, just a boring plodding sparring session. Amazing how he always seems to lull his opponents into this sort of fight. The Simon/Bautista fight was a cracker, and didnt hurt Bautistas rep at all. The Miller one was OK, as was the Hawes fight. Main event was short with a brutal KO. Couldnt really gauge much extra info on Ankalaev from the performance, as he was just scouting Walker in R1. He did that with impressive ease though, as Walker was coming at him aggrressively.

• Paid Members

If anyone gets chance, watch Jean Silva's debut on the undercard, but make sure you watch his entrance too. I've never seen a fighter blur the line between being terrifying whilst also being a complete wally at the same time like that fella.

Edited by Egg Shen

I wasn't well with my mental health this past weekend so I literally missed everything and I'm trying to catch up throughout the day and tonight. 

I watched bits of the main card the main event did feel deeper and personal because of the first fight and how it ended. I really like walker but I wasn't holding to much hope for him even with his unorthodox and tricky style Ankalaev is just that good.

fucking bring on this weekend and the first ppv of 2024. I'm completely torn and think DDP has got this but imagine if Strickland gets the fucking win it would truly be a unbelievable turn around in such a small amount of time.

Another win for yet another square-headed Russian with dodgy facial hair. This has been the story of the UFC for quite some time now, but I have to admit, Mose Schrute looked pretty good in that second round.

Strickland is more of a plodder, a points man. Can't remember who it was because I don't follow the UFC nearly as much as I follow boxing but I remember in the build up to one of his fights he was talking the most shit and then got in there and basically done fuck All.

Fighting a Conservative points style isn't that good of an idea against more explosive opposition like DPP. The last come forward power puncher Stickland fought was Alex and that didn't go to well. 

However Alex is a much more sharp and precise striker than DPP who breaks you down, mainly with leg kicks and then waits for a counter punch once he has more or less forced you into it. DPPs style is not like this, he is more of a rusher, and shoots, or fakes going for the takedown, Sean has good takedown defense from what I've seen? And will likely be able to negate this quite well, but Sean's Conservative 1-2 style might not keep DPP off his case for the full fight, and DPP was great against Whittaker whs still a solid fighting man himself. 

I think Sean's got to survive the early aggression from DPP, who may start to slow, Sean's proved he can do the 5 with no dramas, 

I'd like to see Strickland win cos he's entertained the fuck out of me lately with his antics🤣