FLips's Sopranos watching thread

FLips

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

One thing I don't recall the show explaining properly was the NY family. In real life NY has five families (and they mention it in the show) so never really understood if the family in the show represented the whole of the NY mafia or if they were just one of the Five Families. 

They switched out the Lucchese family for the Lupertazzi family. And they’re the most powerful of the five families in the show. They reference more of the five families by bosses and family name than the Lucchese family. Only two are referenced on the show. One being Henry Hill. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

giphy.gif.137d8cfe2cc83959db1fc809c53fd26e.gif

I forgot how funny his face was all covered in snow when the feds came to get him.

That whole bit cracked me up. Tony shitting his pants and running when everyone including him scorned Big Pussy for running in the first season, only to find out on the phone to his lawyer they weren't there for him so he plodged through a beck in the woods for no reason. Johnny Sack desperately getting pincered in and then faceplanting the snow. I think the face Tony pulls before he runs away like a cartoon might be my favourite bit of it all.

tonyrun.gif.da5db16ef0c917f4a84e4a87edd86d1a.gif

Edit: "Think about though Tone, sudden weight loss..."

"AIDS?!"

Edited by FLips

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Carmine dying really messed up the NY family. Johnny Sack was a good number two but was a terrible boss. Uncle Philly likewise, he was far too psychotic to last long term as boss. Everyone left over was either a violent nutjob like Butch or a total idiot like Little Carmine.

One thing I don't recall the show explaining properly was the NY family. In real life NY has five families (and they mention it in the show) so never really understood if the family in the show represented the whole of the NY mafia or if they were just one of the Five Families. 

Gerry the Hairdo seemed pretty good, he came across quite thoughtful and intelligent, but that useless bastard Doc Santoro knocked him off.

• Paid Members

Vito is one of my least favourite characters and his story is far from the strongest (although having a member of the Soprano crew turn out to be gay did make for an interesting twist) but some of the moments it creates are gold.

• The moment when Vito tries to smooth things over by sneaking up and just appearing in front of Tony in a shopping centre or something.

Vito: I could probably get a note from my doctor.

Tony: A note from your doctor saying you don’t like to suck cock?

• Carlo: Sudden weight loss…

Paulie: AIDS????!

• Tony telling Carlo “maybe you should start sucking cock instead of watching TV land…’cause Vito brought in three times what you do on construction!”

• GREASIN’ THE UNION!

Probably a bunch more I’m overlooking.  

• Members

I absolutely fucking love this thread.

I know I'm in danger of just quoting from the show over and over but I forgot how funny it was when Hesh and Eli got beat up and Chrissy asked "Chinks did this?" 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Vito is one of my least favourite characters and his story is far from the strongest (although having a member of the Soprano crew turn out to be gay did make for an interesting twist) but some of the moments it creates are gold.

• The moment when Vito tries to smooth things over by sneaking up and just appearing in front of Tony in a shopping centre or something.

Vito: I could probably get a note from my doctor.

Tony: A note from your doctor saying you don’t like to suck cock?

• Carlo: Sudden weight loss…

Paulie: AIDS????!

• Tony telling Carlo “maybe you should start sucking cock instead of watching TV land…’cause Vito brought in three times what you do on construction!”

• GREASIN’ THE UNION!

Probably a bunch more I’m overlooking.  

Captain of the good ship lollypop and "Vito's bottom was impacted if that's what you're referring to" as well.

It's mad how it's an offense they deem worth murdering him for but on the other side of the coin they make playground-level jokes about it.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, FLips said:

Captain of the good ship lollypop and "Vito's bottom was impacted if that's what you're referring to" as well.

It's mad how it's an offense they deem worth murdering him for but on the other side of the coin they make playground-level jokes about it.

I always thought Phil saw the Vito thing as an opportunity to humiliate Tony and his crew, get some measure of revenge for Tony B killing his brother, make Tony look weak, make himself look like a leader and possibly his own issues with homosexuality he experienced from 15 fuckin' years in the can rather than actually caring that much about Vito.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

It's the Artie Bucco Redemption episode!

He's just knocked the stuffing out of Benny Fazio Criminal Mastermind. Absolutely love it for him. He's yet to drop the Martina/Martini zinger!

Nothing but wins for Artie in this episode. It's probably my favourite moment for him.

Edit: Nothing but wins except getting dunked in steaming marinara.

I'm willing to forgive the appalling Ben Kingsley storyline for the best payoff. His exasperated "Fuuuuck" when he notices Chris on the plane

chris.jpg.d835bd14e1777873f05db4c57d25c372.jpg

Edited by FLips

• Members

I really like the moment where he gets out his Dads recipe book, it's really touching.

And then that TWOT Charmaine comes in with her "Rabbit Arthurrrrr????" bullshit.

HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING LEAVE HIM ALONE!