TNA… Cross the Line again

garynysmon

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

For the record though, I fail to see how these departures are a positive move. Its a crap look.

But it's also a far cry from the walls caving in.

Personally I'd have liked the Scott D'amore sale to go through as I feel he's the best possible person to lead a company of TNA's size/scale. But given the bid was rejected out of hand, Anthem aren't keen to let go.

Edited by garynysmon

Posted (edited)

Scott clearly had a good vision for the company, it was the first time in ages that there were genuine hype for the company before Anthem split from him and now we're back to people yelling lolTNA. And while the TV show isn't actually that bad it's a definite step behind where it was.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Another worrying departure in Lou D’Angeli (Sign Guy Dudley) from the live events department (an employee of Anthem rather than TNA). Under his watch there’s been incremental growth in attendances, so on the surface it appears to be quite baffling.

Anthem’s MMA product, Invicta, has supposedly secured a new distribution deal and they want the same person to produce both TNA and Invicta’s TV output. As both entities tape approx once a month its entirely doable, but I do question the logic of sacking someone who should be growing your revenue.

Combined with Scott D’amore, who reportedly wanted to spend more and strike while the iron’s hot after the success of Hard to Kill, the recent pattern of departures does make it feel that when it comes to the crunch, Anthem would rather dispose of anyone who has ideas for TNA that require any kind of significant investment or going beyond the existing status quo.

Its increasingly evident that the ‘vision’ is TNA bobbing along in a continual holding pattern and producing cheap-ish content.

But its incredibly hard to support a company of TNA’s size when you get the feeling that the powers that be have no real interest in growing either.

What kept me with TNA between 2017-2023 was that, yes babysteps growth, but knowing Scotf D’amore was trying to create something. Now that vision is gone I fear that spark has gone too.

Its pointless signing guys like Nic Nemeth if everything else surrounding the company is going to remain stagnant.

Edited by garynysmon

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff's back. We all looking forward to Bound for Glory being headlined by a wibbly-wobbly transcendental falls-count-only-in-your-mind match?