2023 predictions

RedRooster

• 11 months later...

I thought I'd bump this thread to see how wrong/right we all were, and...well...

On 12/23/2022 at 11:01 PM, RedRooster said:

Given that we’re approaching, unbelievably, the final week of 2022, I thought it might be a good time to post a predictions thread, to see how we all do in predicting the year ahead. Here are mine…

* CM Punk won’t leave AEW, and will return to the company once he heals up.

* The Rock will wrestle at Wrestlemania, and will also end up either wrestling against or teaming with Sami Zayn at some point; after the two show great on-screen chemistry 

* FTR will rejoin WWE, but that will be the only high-profile jump from one company to the other next year.

*AEW will find its footing again, after its mediocre 2022, and ROH will barely receive a mention on AEW TV

* Vince McMahon will continually threaten to return, but it won’t happen; and the company will gradually shed McMahon loyalists such as Kevin Dunn and Bruce Prichard as the year goes on. 

*MJF will be the only person to hold the AEW World title in 2023.

*WWE will split its World titles again, and Sami Zayn and Cody Rhodes will be two of the beneficiaries; both holding a belt before the end of the year.

* An ambitious one here, but by the end of the year, Stokely Hathaway will have won over most people on the UKFF.

Depending on what happens at World's End, I've probably got the MJF one right and I know I don't need to ask this, but we all love Stokely Hathaway now, right?

• Paid Members
On 12/24/2022 at 8:35 AM, air_raid said:

Despite the clamour for Zayn, Cody will be the one to relieve Roman of the belts.

This is still happening, it just didn't happen in 2023.

I can't get my head around the fact that it was Reigns we were waiting forever for them to put the title back on while Lesnar was having a boring-as-fuck "lasts forever" title run, now Roman is the one boring me to death.

On 12/24/2022 at 5:02 PM, 2Xtreme_lives said:

AEW will sell out the UK Show

WWE will be sold off

With the caveat of "I can't remember where we were with both of these at that point last year", these are either very good - and bold - predictions, or the safest guesses ever. So either a huge well done for this, or be more bold next time round 😉