Santa's sinister webpage from 1996

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

I've spent more time than needed looking through an archive of Santa's 'official' webpage from 1996 - an image here in glorious technicolour:

Fkf904xUcAAp0tU.thumb.png.7e69e345720d4aa5a7c384bf5c047f32.png

Link here: https://web.archive.org/web/19961224054041/http://www.northpole4kids.com/

It's a baffling place of no wonder and no magic, with much of the content written in a way which suggests an elaborate front for a nonce ring.

Santa ClausI'm always watching
to see who is
naughty or nice!

Hello Boys & Girls.......WELCOME to my Website on the Internet!

I bet all of you are sooooo excited right now, eh?

Christmas is getting closer and closer each day, and soon you will be unwrapping
gifts from me and your family. I just bet your hopping up and down with excitment!

I hope you haven't forgotten to email me your letter? It really helps me figure
out what you really would like to get. E-mailing your letter to me is the Fastest
way to reach me, and it gives those postal workers a break from carrying all those
heavy letters to me, hehehe. If your parents let you, you can even type part of the
letter yourself on the keyboard, don't worry I will understand it......Santa speaks
every language, even baby talk!........did you know that?

Make sure you go to bed early, and no peeking......Ho...Ho...Ho...

Bye Bye little ones.........and GOD bless you ALL!

Outside of it's sinister nature, it's a fab example of shite 90's webpages - repleat with WAV files and bad moving images made of clip art. A good way to waste a few minutes.

1195634511_awardwinning.thumb.png.cc3586c942f1490ae5a60a9ffba0fa9d.png

"AWARD WINNING"

• Paid Members

14 minutes ago, neil said:

You'd have thought nothing of it at the time, but looking back this is definitely a nonce site ain't it.

There's one harrowing page encouraging kids to record audio of their letters to send to "Santa". Not sure what our extradition status is like with Lapland but I was about ready to call the Yewtree squad.