Today I Learned (Wrestling Edition)

Carbomb

6 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I met and spent most of a day with Chigusa Nagayo of the Crush Gals last year, one of the biggest mark-out moments of my life, and at one point she was just going through photos on her phone, telling me about all her dogs and cats, then occasionally there would be a photo of a wrestler and she'd say something about them, usually a nice little story.

She got to a photo of her with Dump Matsumoto, frowned, and said, "problem, she only win", which has become my favourite way of describing wrestlers who don't want to put anyone over.

"No yob."

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

Today I learned that Apollo Crews is still wrestling for WWE. I haven't heard anyone even mention him name in years. Had a quick look on CageMatch and it seems like he hasn't won a singles match since an appearance on Main Event in December 2023.

Yeah he had an NXT run last year which didn’t really amount to much. More recently he’s been in a very odd tag team with Baron Corbin on Smackdown feuding with Legado El Fantasma. Surprised he’s been kept around as long as he has to be honest as he’s never really shown much.