UFC Vegas: Wonderboy vs Neal - Dec 19th 🇺🇸

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• wandshogun09 changed the title to UFC Vegas: Wonderboy vs Neal - Dec 19th 🇺🇸
  • Paid Members
19 hours ago, Zebra Kid Mark said:

Damn it.

Assuming the Wonderboy/Neal fight gets bumped to main, I'm not really excited about seeing that as a 5 rounder if I am honest. Wonderboy tends to have more exciting fights when they're 3 rounds.

Yeah it’s been confirmed that Wonderboy vs Neal has been promoted to headliner.

Like you say, 5 round Wonderboy can be a bit of a chore to watch, kind of like Machida used to be. But it really makes for an even more interesting test for Neal now in my opinion. 25 minutes against a guy like Thompson is a real baptism of fire for a guy trying to break into that upper tier of Welterweights.

Just read that Anthony Pettis vs Alex Morono has been added now as well. Weird fight that. Thought Pettis was in that ‘fun fading name fights’ bracket that Rich Franklin basically lived in for the last few years of his career. I even half expected to see Pettis get chucked in with Chimaev as the new main event, just to keep the Chimaev Express chugging along. But it sounds like the plan is to just push Edwards vs Chimaev back to January and I prefer that. That’s a fight I’m seriously intrigued by now and for the sake of a few weeks, I’d rather just keep that one together and wait.

I’ve updated the opening post and redone the poll so if you voted already you’ll have to vote again. Got a feeling some might see Wonderboy vs Neal going differently now it’s 5 rounds. Feels like that lends itself better to Wonderboy’s style but we’ll see. Added Pereira vs Khaos to the poll now as well. 

• Paid Members

I know it's only me talking myself into it, but I really hope we do get Lawler/Pettis at some point. They're both at similar points in their respective careers. 

• Paid Members

Absolutely stewing over Covid. In general, like, but specifically now for kicking the bollocks out of the Edwards/Chimaev fight. 

But - and I know I'm somewhat in the minority - I'm happy with a five round Thompson fight as I could - and have - sit in awe of Wondeboys' fights for hours, so it's kind of grand. Sort of. 

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members

Cirkunov vs Spann is off now.

Wasn’t one of the fights I was that into on this card but it’s another decent fight gone all the same. Still plenty to like on this card and it’s still one of the strongest Fight Nights of the year on paper but between losing Edwards vs Chimaev, Pantoja vs Kape and now this...it’s suddenly looking a tad less stacked. Fingers crossed that’s it for pullouts now but there’s still 2 weeks to go so y’know. 

• Paid Members

This is hopefully the final card/bout order for tonight.

49440-E2-F-FE78-4-E10-8-AAD-20-C390847-A

Good job they loaded this one up with about 94 fights originally because, even with a bunch of dropouts, we’ve still got 12 fights there. Currently anyway. Karl Roberson vs Dalcha Lungiambula and Aiemann Zahabi vs Drako Rodriguez both got cancelled over the last couple of days.

Read the other day as well that this is Pettis’ last fight on his contract. So now the Morono fight makes a little bit more sense. He’ll almost certainly be gone if he loses this one. I wouldn’t have thought so before because, despite his dodgy win/loss ratio in recent years, he’s still a name, still fairly popular and still entertaining to watch fight. But if they’ll let Yoel Romero go, that’s basically a message that pretty much anyone could be on the endangered species list.

Still a belting card on paper. It’s a shame we’ve barely discussed it but that’s the way it goes now. Hard to really get hyped for fights that might get binned 4 hours before show time. This year more than any other, we’ve been conditioned to be pessimistic on fight cards actually staying intact. 

I genuinely had no idea until i just read your post with the running order on it that Greg Hardy is fighting again tonight. 
While i now sit and hope that the Christmas present i get is finally seeing Hardy get knocked the fuck out, I've set myself up for this situation many times and just ended up sad and disappointed so we will have to see.

That main card though is stacked, This should be a good one