Bellator MMA - Italian Euro Series 🇮🇹

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

quick note on tonights show, its Bellators launch on CBS in the States, Thursday night is gonna be a regular thing going forward which sounds fucking great to me. Shame they lost their main event though.

The Morning Kombat podcast pointed out Norbett Novenyi Jr. to me too, 4-0 fighting out of London Shoot Fighters. Fights exactly like MVP (whos a teammate). Son of an Olympic gold medal Hungarian wrestler too, so ill be keeping an eye on his fight.

• Paid Members

That was actually a grand night of fights, last night with some decent ones on the prelims too.
Duncan and Moore looked the business and I really like the Crosbie call out by Duncan. Last two times I've seen Crosbie he looked quite ordinary. Very handsome, but quite ordinary, and also got blessed by some dodgy judging decisions (probably due to his fighting in front of a raucous hometown crowd), so if Crosbie wins tomorrow and they crack on with the Duncan fight, I can see it ending badly for Crosbie.

Moore looked very good after a brief scare being put on his arse, then just walked D'Anna down and did his thing.

Novenyi Jr looked like a completely different fighter to the one I saw a year ago. He looked a lot older and I think his personality change and being less playful and buoyant (like he was last year) was a bit of a mistake. I'm all for going out 'all business' but the reason I remembered him last year was because he was acting the bollocks while murdering his opponent with ease, and I think Fleury is a tougher opponent than Zerhouni. I don't know, it was just an odd change of pace for him, given he was actually on a Main Card this time, with a lot more exposure. His coming out at the bell fighting exactly like MVP was a strange sight too. I know they train together, but Novenyi just looked a bit confused as to what fight he wanted to fight.

The Jackson/Kielholtz fight went nothing like I thought it was going to, so I was very pleasantly surprised. The way Jackson went down after the killer blow was scary and Big Dan wasn't happy with the 'super necessary' clatter after he jumped in. But yeah, I'd like to see Kielholtz vs MacFarlane.

I just love the European Series. Don't mind me...

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members

Beautiful. A work of art. The sweet chin music was the cherry on the bakewell. Can’t stand the pathetic, twatty little ripoff case.

Reminds me of Ninja Rua vs Tony Bonello from the EliteXC days in the ‘gobby prick gets comeuppance’ category...

C67482F5-098F-473B-B90F-45ADE00A0704.gif

• Paid Members
On 10/2/2020 at 10:45 AM, Scott Malbranque said:

That was actually a grand night of fights, last night with some decent ones on the prelims too.

i had to sacrifice the Gallaher card cause ive got a hectic week ahead of me and like to get into my podcast schedule at work. You're right though Scott, the midweek card despite being slim pickings name wise was a lot fun to watch. Good show.