This Weekend's Boxing 🥊

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Teofimo looked awful, but did Ortiz do enough to win, probably not. I think as a challenger you should clearly win the fight. I think you could score it 115-113 either way or 114-114. I can't see 117-111, even if I'm Teofimo's grandma. It was a fucking dull fight though, I don't want to see a rematch. 

Yeah, The Greatest Showman tag backfired.

I had Ortiz a round up but felt he really let Teo get back into it in the last 3 rounds. A horrible clash of styles though, you'd think Lopez would have found a way to negate Ortiz' movement but he didn't or just couldn't. Felt Ortiz got the better of most of the rare exchanges in the first half of the fight.

All said though, I had Lopez to win by points on my weekend acca so I wasn't too arsed about the decision.

19 year old Abdullah Mason on the undercard though...

Edited by Egg Shen

You've summed it up there mate. I think Ortiz' stance is just a nightmare to use when you're probably going to need to cut the ring off and limit an opponents movement. 

Yeah him and Davis were good to watch. 

This is tonight if anyone's interested: 

Edited by NeverYield

• Paid Members

They’ll never find the bodies.

IMB_h1ih2W.gif.37913b2b565cfac9f120b0bee69645de.gif

As for that ‘The Showman Returns’ tagline, or whatever it was, those things do tend to backfire don’t they. I always remember when the UFC used to name events like that and the PPV they named ‘Knockout’ ended up having zero knockouts! 

IMG_6021.jpeg

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

The weekly headsup...

Sheeraz-vs-Williams-1080x1080-1.thumb.jpg.66eb898a2bf2ef63721bf73caaab482e.jpg

Fight of the weekend for me is Sheeraz/Williams. Sheeraz heavily favoured and I think there's a general feeling that Williams is coming down the otherside of the hill, but Williams never strikes me as the kind of guy that will phone it in, this could be good.

DAZN have some NxtGen stuff on tooDB2-24-ea07028ed9.thumb.jpg.a28e98983e53f8313646a00aefb693ad.jpg

Rugby and Boxing all day then.

Williams has been great, got a lot of time for him and would love to see him have one last run but I feel he is a bit shot now to be honest. If this fight goes the way I think it is going to go  I can see Sheeraz getting quite an early KO to be honest.

Memories of Williams getting off the canvas after CEJ jabs come back to mind. 

However, it was spoke about at the time that Williams had had an awful time cutting weight for that bout, it's likely different this time round and Williams can really fight, Skeete wasn't operating at his best and he was walloping Sheeraz. 

I still feel though timing is crucial, this is shrewd matchmaking for Sheeraz, who has been rather protected thus far, they believe they've caught Williams at the right time and they likely have. 

You can't stay away from Janibek Alimkhinuly forever Sheeraz.

Edited by NeverYield

• Paid Members

That Eubank fight seems to have really altered people's perception of Williams. Ive seen a lot of stuff this week mention him as being chinny and is almost certainly going to be stopped by Sheeraz. The bookies seem to think this wont pass the half way stage either. Williams said post-fight he was dealing with a concussion going into the Eubank fight and probably shouldnt have fought. You could call bullshit, but I think anyone who's followed Williams' career knew something was off that night.

I think it was the weight cut, he definitely was not himself. I'm not too enamoured with Sheeraz, I think if Williams has had a good camp then he can likely beat him, Skeete was beating on him. 

I just have a feeling Williams time as a top operator is over but I would love to see him upset the apple cart here and weigh Sheeraz in.