Paid Members RedTwoster Posted 16 hours ago Paid Members Posted 16 hours ago 4 minutes ago, The King of Old School said: Only working with what he has I suppose, but Joe Hendry, good grief. Can't be long until he starts getting boo'd out of the building. The WWE live audience tends to be very forgiving of WWE 'comedy' - I don't understand why Santino Marella and Horswoggle were cheered as consistently as they are, and the stuff Danhausen is doing hits that same level of stupid. If I had to guess, I'd say he'll be fine but who knows? Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted 15 hours ago Paid Members Posted 15 hours ago In fairness to Joe Hendry one thing he has always been is resourceful at finding a way to make things, no matter how silly, work for him, so I'm sure he'll be fine. Quote
TheScarlettChad Posted 12 hours ago Posted 12 hours ago He probably should go back to TNA. He's just not good enough for either AEW or WWE. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted 12 hours ago Paid Members Posted 12 hours ago 15 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said: He probably should go back to TNA. He's just not good enough for either AEW or WWE. What is 'good enough', though? In AEW, ring work is prioritised - so I could see where you're coming from there. That said, outlandish characters have worked there in the past, the likes of The Outrunners, Danhausen and even Toni Storm - if anything, the kind of character Hendry played in ICW would probably work better in AEW. He's never going to be a main event act for them, but he wouldn't need to be. In WWE, you have the likes of Jey Uso, Nia Jax, Baron Corbin and others in high profile roles - there are wrestlers who have much less to offer than Hendry doing well. Ultimately, if you can get over you're 'good enough' and Hendry has shown that he can. He's getting utterly dire material to work with, but I don't think that's on him just as it wasn't on Santino or Hornswoggle. They do what they're asked, and try to make it work as best as they can. Quote
Paid Members DCW Posted 12 hours ago Paid Members Posted 12 hours ago (edited) WWE just can't do comedy. They never could. If they get even a hint that a performer is getting genuine laughs, they latch onto the wrong thing in that performers act and proceed to beat the audience over the head with it until it's not funny and becomes irritating. I feel sorry for the wrestlers who get laughs having to try and deal with Prichard, Hayes and H's ideas of humour r when they get backstage. Edited 12 hours ago by DCW Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted 6 hours ago Paid Members Posted 6 hours ago All the Gang Wars stuff is abject crap, likely building to another boring, plodding War Games match at Survivor Series. Naomi will probably return and make this year’s an Inter-gender match. I don’t care. It’s still a load of GTA-role playing shite. But when Jacob was hit by the car? For a split second, they almost had me. Imagine if Solo was revealed as the driver, dressed like this! “I did it…for The Royce!” Quote
Paid Members Daaaaaad! Posted 3 hours ago Paid Members Posted 3 hours ago 2 hours ago, Supremo said: All the Gang Wars stuff is abject crap, likely building to another boring, plodding War Games match at Survivor Series. Aw, man, I hadn't sussed that this is definitely what that's leading to. Fuck's sake. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.