Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Had Digimon Time Stranger in my back catalogue for some time. Need to give it a proper go soon. 

Currently replaying Mortal Kombat 9's (PS3) story mode. Still good, silly fun. 

Edit. 

Remember it being a pain but I'd forgotten just how much of a load of broken bollocks it is can be.

Easily the worst of the modern games from a gameplay standpoint, imo.

Even on beginner it can really fuck you about. The two on one fights in particular can get in the bin. 

Double Edit Wanker. 

Bollocks to this, I'm skipping ahead to MKX. 

I'll just catch up on the story on YT, or something. 

Edited by The King Of Swing
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Really enjoying Silent Hill: Townfall

About 70% through the game still have no idea what’s going on but trying my hardest to put all the pieces together, puzzles are fun too, weapons and ammo are super scarce so stealth is a major factor. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
13 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Really enjoying Silent Hill: Townfall

About 70% through the game still have no idea what’s going on but trying my hardest to put all the pieces together, puzzles are fun too, weapons and ammo are super scarce so stealth is a major factor. 

I’m wary of spoiling anything for anyone but there’s a part of this game that is absolutely infuriating and I’m pretty sure you’ll know what I’m talking about. On the whole though, I really enjoyed it, I just hope they patch those particular bits to make them slightly more tolerable.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Since Train Sim World 7 seems to take up less space on my X-Box Hard Drive than Train Sim World 6 does I have space to install King Of Fighters: City Of The Wolves. It's got some weird mechanics I've not properly got the hang of. I'm just cracking through the arcade mode with everybody. I'm terrified to go online because I'll just get my arse handed to me. If I had a disc drive )good old Series S) I'd stick some Street Fighter Anniversary Collection on. I'll have to wait for a sale.

Posted
4 hours ago, RedTwoster said:

I’m wary of spoiling anything for anyone but there’s a part of this game that is absolutely infuriating and I’m pretty sure you’ll know what I’m talking about. On the whole though, I really enjoyed it, I just hope they patch those particular bits to make them slightly more tolerable.

I’m still very early into the game, but could it be…

Spoiler

The CRTV fine tuning where you have to move the controller? Absolute bobbins.

I’m a total wuss with horror games, so I play them very slowly. Silent Hill games are the worst, first person even more-so. An hour at a time is all I can muster before I have to stop and do something less tense. 

Mortal Shell 2 is another contender for game of the year for me. Not quite Elden Ring quality, but probably the closest since Lies Of P. I’ve temporarily given up on Wolverine, because it hasn’t grabbed my attention at all. Not a patch on the Spider-Man games. I’ve made the mistake of going back and replaying Red Dead 2. Grounded 2 is my current Xbox game, and I’m working my way through some early Zelda games before Ocarina comes out. Link To The Past is still excellent, to nobody’s surprise. And there’s still Phantom Blade and The Witcher 3 upgrade on the horizon. Once again, so many games, not enough time.

  • Paid Members
Posted

@Dr. Alan Grant - it’s not that bit. I won’t be too specific but there’s an enemy that can kill you in one hit, and the way you have to escape them is so badly structured that I could see it having a lot of players give up in frustration. You can also find yourself respawning basically right in front of them, causing another instant death.

It’s one of the most infuriating sections I’ve played in any game in quite some time. I really enjoyed the game on the whole and its portrayal of Scotland is incredibly accurate (aside from the fact you barely encounter any Scottish people) but that part…fucking hell. 

Posted
15 hours ago, RedTwoster said:

@Dr. Alan Grant - it’s not that bit. I won’t be too specific but there’s an enemy that can kill you in one hit, and the way you have to escape them is so badly structured that I could see it having a lot of players give up in frustration. You can also find yourself respawning basically right in front of them, causing another instant death.

It’s one of the most infuriating sections I’ve played in any game in quite some time. I really enjoyed the game on the whole and its portrayal of Scotland is incredibly accurate (aside from the fact you barely encounter any Scottish people) but that part…fucking hell. 

I’m at the end game and it happens again but the sequence is even harder than before. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
32 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’m at the end game and it happens again but the sequence is even harder than before. 

Yup. It’s frustrating rather than tense or fun and takes away from an otherwise excellent game. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...