Boxing: General News & Discussion Thread

Egg Shen

Has Whittaker left Boxxer? I thought it was just them getting in on the act and having their fighters like last time around on these cards like Clarke and Eubank Jr fightingon here, . It looks good overall, after the bill in America last time around no surprise to see Stevenson on this bill, if he didn't realise how things works, he certainly did meeting the Turki guy that night. I can't wait for Beterbiev vs Bivol fight, let's just all hope it happens this time around.

• Paid Members

Yeah that's a cracker of a card.

Hadn't Eubank just signed with Boxxer too though? So Shalom is working with Uncle Turki now? No mention of Boxxer on the poster.

Didn't see any of the boxing at the Olympics but reading the results. It looked the Uzbeks took total control in the mens. They won heavyweight and super heavyweight golds. Both fighters are pros already and undefeated. 

They won flyweight gold. Hasanboy Dusmatov won light flyweight gold at Rio in 2016, retired for Tokyo then came back from Paris in the next weight category and won again.

I think the most impressive was Abdumalik Khalokov at Featherweight. He won gold without dropping any points to his opponents throughout the tournament. I think Bakhodir Jalolov did the same at Super Heavyweight. He's 16-0 as a pro and all through stoppages.

• 2 weeks later...

Naya Inoue defending his undisputed Super-Bantamweight title tomorrow morning  from 07:30 on Sky Sports Main Event against TJ Doheny.  Inoue to do what he usually does and destroy a guy, he wins between four and six rounds by stoppage.

100%

I reckon Doheny will be a well beaten man within 5 rounds, if that, 3-4 more likely imo.

Also, it's nice to see that Bam Rodriguez and Estrada are having their rematch. NOT.

These silly clauses hold the sports top dogs up for the best part of a year, no needs for it. Let them get onto bigger things. 

Edited by NeverYield

Inoue is just a wrecking ball, not saying his footwork isn't good because it obviously is, but it's almost like rather than deftly moving his man into position to get the job done, he does it with sheer power, and shot selection, beaten into submission by sheer brute force.