"Accepted" wrestling shithousery

garynysmon

On 2/20/2020 at 12:25 PM, Kaz Hayashi said:

Along with sketchy political friendships, taking advantage of newbs and murder cover ups, I’d have to say a wrestlers Music & Tron video playing while they’re surprise attacking. Scandalous.

Did that start with the Warrior run in at WM8? remember watching it and shango snuck in to silence then the music hit . Mind you looking at him on the run in i dont think people would have recognised him without it

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Sheffbag said:

Did that start with the Warrior run in at WM8? remember watching it and shango snuck in to silence then the music hit . Mind you looking at him on the run in i dont think people would have recognised him without it

Are you saying that wasn't Kerry von Erich?

Having watched shows like NXT and Powerrr for a while, one thing I DON'T miss from Raw/Smackdown is the conceit that a major weekly sports programme won't have booked the bouts for that show until the show is already running.

There was a time when basically the whole of Raw appeared to be booked on the fly, as wrestlers requested matches with each other.

With Powerr and NXT there's almost always a running order, normally announced a week or two in advance.  Then if something unexpected occurs, it actually feels different and unusual.  I know we all know it's fake, but having the actual show play along with pretending it's not, is quite nice.