"Accepted" wrestling shithousery

garynysmon

• Paid Members

There are so many mind-boggling and general shitty things that have/do happen in wrestling that seem to be classed as acceptable/normal within the industry bubble. Are there any in particular that infuriate you?

One of those that has always bothered me is the act of purposely and maliciously killing job guys. It all seemed so unnecessary to me and just acting like a cunt because you could, another example of the chip wrestlers have on their shoulder because they participate in fake combat and always trying to prove themselves.

The one example that always jumps out to me is how Yokozuna would land full force on job guys but land like a feather on anyone above a certain level. Ultimate shithousery really, showing no regard for someone employed to put him over and probably only did this as a side job to his regular employment.

I'm sure there are countless other examples though.

• Paid Members

It's been brought up before but I hate all the hazing, "paying your dues" shit.

It was one thing when kayfabe was a thing and there was a very real fear that letting even one "outsider" in could bring down the whole industry. Now it's just dickheads trying to feel important, while starring in adverts about how bullying is wrong..

Imagine starting a job at a multi-billion dollar company and having your property vandalised, or even being assaulted, because some of your co-workers have decided that you "don't belong". It would never fucking happen. Yet, it's not only accepted in WWE, it was basically endorsed by the company, certainly in the past. It's even worse when you consider that it's basically a no win situation for the new person - If you stand up for yourself then you are being disrespectful, if you don't then you're a pussy.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, LWOLeN said:

Imagine opening your own Subway, McDonalds or simple Burger Shack and paying everyone in ‘handshakes’, ‘opportunities’ and ‘hotdogs’.

Aye, imagine expecting people to work for free as an intern. Wouldn't happen outside wrestling...

11 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Aye, imagine expecting people to work for free as an intern. Wouldn't happen outside wrestling...

I wonder if those internships also have a disclaimer related to ‘fucked up knees’, ‘bad backs’,‘concussions’, ‘elbow chips’, ‘bulging discs’, ‘hernia’s’, ‘torn ligaments’, broken hands etc.

My internships were all paid btw. It wasn’t much, but at least something to get me by in life....

Atleast you have insurance as an intern at Subway or whatever when something drops on your head....

Edited by LWOLeN

Cosying up to Donald Trump and Mohammad Bin Salman Al Saud is beyond the pale for me, hence dropping WWE after a lifetime of guiltily turning a blind eye to everything else they've done. I also gave up NWA Powerrr after somebody here mentioned Billy Corgan frequently rubbing shoulders with Sandy Hook conspiracy peddler Alex Jones. You are the company you keep, and with the world going the way it is, I'm past supporting or condoning shit like that. There's too much at stake these days. If it didn't matter before, it does now.

4 hours ago, LWOLeN said:

Imagine opening your own Subway, McDonalds or simple Burger Shack and paying everyone in ‘handshakes’, ‘opportunities’ and ‘Hotdogs’

Absolutely not a specific to wrestling thing, happens in all fields of entertainment - acting, singing, stand-up comedy and so on all involve a load of unpaid gigs and progression to paid work.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Absolutely not a specific to wrestling thing, happens in all fields of entertainment - acting, singing, stand-up comedy and so on all involve a load of unpaid gigs and progression to paid work.

Howard Stern's interns usually end up more potless and fucked up than pro wrestlers do. There was a point where he only wanted to hire the mentally ill on the off chance they'll become characters on his show.

5 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Cosying up to Donald Trump and Mohammad Bin Salman Al Saud is beyond the pale for me, hence dropping WWE after a lifetime of guiltily turning a blind eye to everything else they've done. I also gave up NWA Powerrr after somebody here mentioned Billy Corgan frequently rubbing shoulders with Sandy Hook conspiracy peddler Alex Jones. You are the company you keep, and with the world going the way it is, I'm past supporting or condoning shit like that. There's too much at stake these days. If it didn't matter before, it does now.

You gave up on nwa because one person on a forum said he believed Corgan has one dodgy pal? 

8 minutes ago, Louch said:

You gave up on nwa because one person on a forum said he believed Corgan has one dodgy pal? 

One person on a forum followed by a few seconds on Google to verify, yes.

Here are couple of examples of what i would describe as "Shithousery" that i have noticed at all levels of wrestling, that never seem to change.

1, When you leave wrestling (not just as a wrestler, but any role within wrestling) you VERY quickly become yesterdays news & any hard work is forgotten about, due to you no longer being in a position to help/be exploited.

2, When an argument breaks out & someone is clearly in the wrong. They must always "babyface" themselves, by lying & manipulating the situation to their advantage. Not only does that create them a helpful false image as a good person, but it can lead the victim to lose their temper with things like frustration & hypocrisy, which is then easier for you, as the villain to vindicate your Shithousery because you have remained a calm & rational person (& a liar). 

A great example of this is from Bret Hart's "Wrestling with Shadows" with a very upset Julie Hart (who seemed to see the wrestling business for what it was) coming across quite aggressive towards Triple H, as he calmly lied through his back teeth. 

7 hours ago, LWOLeN said:

I wonder if those internships also have a disclaimer related to ‘fucked up knees’, ‘bad backs’,‘concussions’, ‘elbow chips’, ‘bulging discs’, ‘hernia’s’, ‘torn ligaments’, broken hands etc.

Does wrestling really need that disclaimer? Pretty sure anyone looking to get in the ring would be aware they are getting in a ring and could get hurt. Are there any fans not aware that injuries happen? 

To be fair though, I did a couple months training when I was a teen, and before we even did a warm up on the first day the teacher gave a little speech about the dangers etc. Was a bloke called Carl Misery I think, he was nice and never pushed me further than I could go