Match of the Decade

Onyx2

Match of the Decade  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Cena VS Punk. I'm struggling to think of a match I enjoyed more than that in my lifetime. Talk about capturing lightning in a bottle- that match was the perfect coming-together of so much. Right place, right time, right guys and right build-up.

Honourable mention goes to Wyatts VS The Shield. Fuck me, that was a blast. It was heel vs heel as well, 6 heels getting a monster pop like that was a fantastic moment. 

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

and the best near fall ever.

Was that after the Burial Driver~? If so, agree with it being the best near fall ever. The Pedigree/Sweet Chin combo the following year came extremely close.

I watched HBK/Undertaker from 26 recently. It was amazing, but I'd put Cena/CM Punk ahead of it.

I've gone for Triple H/Undertaker from 27. The HIAC from the following year was great, but their match at 27 was the perfect WWE main event-style match in my eyes. The stories, the characters, the build up, entrances and *that* near fall. Breathtaking. 

What a decade it was for great matches though. Lesnar/Rollins/Cena would've come a close second for me if it was on there. 

Edited by Undefeated Steak

• Paid Members

Wyatts and the Shield by a million miles. Just the most fun wrestling can be.

Still anything over those Taker WM matches everyone had decided were going to be five stars going in. They're good but the result is not in doubt and the rest is fine but just fine. Cena/Punk had a genuinely brilliant and unique dynamic. Nakamura and Zayn was different to anything you see in WWE. They're #2 and #3. 

While I'm thinking about 2016 AJ Styles, his PPV matches with Reigns and Cena that year were brilliant. Not sure why not as memorable but superb.

• Onyx2 locked this topic