UKFF MMA Poster of the Year: 2019

Onyx2

UKFF Off-topic Poster of the Year: 2019  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Even if there were more choices up there I’d still have voted David. He generates good discussion and when he’s not around as much, like now, it’s really noticeable in the MMA threads. I don’t always agree with him but he’s a good guy and he makes things more interesting. 

I don’t think I got around to giving my nominations for this but if I did then Jim would’ve been one of them. Consistently excellent poster and seems a top man. I think WeeAl has been a great addition to the MMA bit of the forum as well. It’s been nice to see Scott Malbranque pop in a bit more recently as well. Long may it continue. There’s genuinely nobody I don’t like of the MMA regulars on here though, to be honest. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

It's a bunch of good egg's in the MMA corner of the forum. Jim is always good for some old school UFC, Pride and Strikeforce gems and discussion. David brings plenty of debate and certainly keeps the place lively. Ebb keeps track of all the stuff I don't think I'd ever have time to find out about.

Wand is being kidnapped and is never allowed to forget how to type or log in, as his previews are the best that you'll find. If he ever ends up putting his stuff out for the general public then we need to get him to sign a contract that we get exclusive previews. 

Really though it's the best place that I've seen on the web, for good chat about MMA without a bunch of wrong un's, and everyone that's in there contributes a lot to that. 

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

ColinBollocks and Carbomb too. I wasn’t even going to try to mention everyone because I knew I’d forget someone but it’s a good bunch in general. 

Thanks, man, but let's face it - apart from David and jimufctna, none of us even come close to your output. No disrespect to Senor Bollocks, but I have a feeling he'd agree.

EDIT: jim makes a good point about Ebb, too. He almost single-handedly kept the Bellator and non-UFC discussion going for a while.

Edited by Carbomb

This award might as well be named after Wand- as good as David, and a ton of the other posters are, Wand's the glue that holds everything together. I don't always post, but when I want to catch up on what's going on in MMA, I go to the UKFF and read all Wand's preview posts for the various UFC events. Also, the countdown thread he's done for "best fights of the decade" is tremendous, I've been adding every fight he's posted about to a playlist so I can binge it all when he's all done.

It's amazing the amount of work he puts into everything, it's a large reason I'm able to easily swing back into my MMA fandom when life gets in the way and I haven't watched for a while. So I'm really grateful for that, he's a good egg.

• Onyx2 locked this topic