So Triple H has to go to work with his trousers falling down now? Funny questions from non/new fans.

Maikeru

Distinctly remember phoning up HMV to ask about an ECW tape Delta just put out and the guy on the other went "HARDCORE HEAVEN hey..." implying I was actually buying rhythm videos, but related to the thread - an aunt once walked in on me watching Shotgun one afternoon and it cut to a montage of Sable working out at a gym which consisted entirely of shots of her enormous sweating tits and arse using all this gym shite in what looked like a foreman's office on site, and once it was over my aunt simply asked "this wrestling then?"

Edited by Cannibal Man

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

Might as well change the thread title to "Embarrassing encounters with non-fans".

Queuing outside the tiny Planet Nightclub in Wolverhamption for Fight Club Pro back in 2012/2013, and some lads who were well into their pre-drinking for the night, wondered over to check out the big queue.

"What's all this for?", one of them asked aloud.

One of the guys queuing behind me said something like, "It's for a pro wrestling show!" and we all cringed hard.

"What, like fucking Hulk Hogan and Stone Cold and that? In there?!? Fuuuuuuck of!!!" and the lads wandered away laughing. 

Embarrassing for me, and embarrassing for my mate who I had hyped up this show to.

I remember coming back from Insurrextion 2003, a load of us, wrestling shirts, signs, the lot. 

We were leaving Heworth Metro and there was a group of chavs hanging around, heard one of them loudly proclaim

"Eeeh, I wouldn't fucking dare go to a wrestling show". 

2003 and that line has stuck in my head since. 

I remember as a teenager I was watching one of the old ECW videos in my bedroom and Bubba Dudley was cutting a promo.

Right as Bubba was goading the crowd with "You couldn't get laid with a fist full of fifties motherfucker!!" my dad walked passed the door. He could help but peer in after hearing that and I remember seeing his face as he only knew Bubba from WWE 2000 era. It was like "well that's different", and just kept on walking! 😆

• Paid Members

My much older brother and his girlfriend, coming home from an all night session, walking in the living room at about 6.00am, while I was watching the WM12 from the night before, bang at the point of Piper stripping Goldust.

Him: ”The fuck’s this?”
Me: “.... errrr... they were really fighting in an alley with blood... and the car chase... and errr” 
Him: “Sort ya life out ya cretin”