Vinyl

Weezenal

I spent ages working out the best way to do it, problem with frames is if you want a really busy wall it gets expensive quick.

http://etsy.me/2ji4nu3

I was inspired by this which I found on Etsy, but instead of paying that price I went to Homebase and grabbed some skirting boards and no more nails. As for actual frames I think HMV have them for a tenner each. Bit pricey to do a substantial amount of them but worth it for any special ones you have

I've got one of these on the wall in my front room from Record Roots (https://record-roots.com/). I backed it on Kickstarter a couple of years ago when they were originally about £40. They've gone up to £65 now but you can ask them for a discount code. They're made of material so light weight and really easy to swap records in and out. They're modular too, so you can add more to them to make them 4x4, 6x4 etc.

Gets my seal of approval. 

I saw a bones player once at a folk festival back in the 90s but I've never seen any recordings really.  It's almost a completely dead art.  I suppose the Bluegrass scene, or New Orleans second line bands might have them.  I got some Preservation Hall recordings knocking around on vinyl but that's just second line I think.

EDIT: Scatman Crothers was a bones player, so his recordings would be good.

Edited by Loki

19 hours ago, Loki said:

Yeah, that's not obscure.  Ribs are shit though, they are absolutely terrible quality hence them not being much in demand.

Yeah I’ve seen the sound quality on them is supposed to be pretty shit, but they are mostly for novelty purposes than anything else. Hadn’t heard them called ribs though so that’ll help a lot with looking about. 

Here is this weeks additions to the collection 

ABC93-A52-8-FDF-4-C32-AC20-B6-EE408-DDC8

Some of my favourite albums new and old. But the really specials ones were what I was given over the weekend by my Mother’s friend. A handful of the albums she left her, all with her name written inside. Killing Joke was her absolute favourite band so to own this is a massive deal to me.

D5-C21-D6-C-4098-422-D-A08-C-3-DD1-D667-

Might have a break for a while