Fatty Facesitter's Snooker Loopy thread

Fatty Facesitter

• 4 weeks later...

A few weeks ago Bingtaos suspension got extended to seven and a half years. He's 23 and it's hard to imagine he'll practice to the standard of a professional for the next 7 years and be ready to get back on the tour in 2030. So that's pretty much his career over I'd say. Such a shame.

On a more positive note I can't wait for the new season to get fully underway. I know the champions league is currently on but that's more of a pre-season warm up and I'm not paying for Matchroom just to watch it.

There's a few young players on tour for the first time who have been ones to watch for a few years now. It'll be interesting to see how they do. Will Jack Lisowski get his first tournament win? Will the class of 92 start to decline? Will Murphy cartwheel into the arena? Will Carter ever not be angry and sarcastic in every match and interview?

I just hope we get to see more of Milkins winning tournaments. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

European Masters starts tomorrow, lads. Finally some real sport on after the end of the Ashes.

Well excited. Have been jonesing to the extent that I watched the British Open qualifiers on Facebook last week. Me and 70 other people worldwide watching Rod fucking Lawler crawl his way to victories.

I didn't get chance to watch much of the European Masters but saw the last 5 frames. Really happy for Hawkins to win his 4th title. Seems crazy that he's not won more but unfortunately he does seem to lack that killer instinct of getting over the final line. He seems like a lovely guy though so it's nice to see him start the season on a high note.

• 4 weeks later...

The British Open starts tomorrow on ITV4. Ryan Day won it last and he's already had a decent start to this season by getting a 147 at the International Championship Qualifiers earlier this week. 

Here's the match list taken from the world snooker tour website:

Monday September 25

1pm:

Newly-crowned Crucible king Luca Brecel v Asia’s greatest ever player Ding Junhui
Judd Trump v Anton Kazakov
Robert Milkins v Jiang Jun
Ali Carter v Allan Taylor

Followed by:
Last season’s Player of the Year Mark Allen v Anthony McGill
Neil Robertson v Jamie Clarke
Mark Willams v Peng Yisong
Gary Wilson v Ahmed Aly Elsayed

7pm:
Defending champion Ryan Day v Sean O’Sullivan
Mark Selby v Ben Woollaston
Kyren Wilson v Martin O’Donnell
Barry Hawkins v Stan Moody

Followed by:
Local favourite Jack Lisowski v Joe O’Connor
Shaun Murphy v Rebecca Kenna
John Higgins v Long Zehuang
Jimmy Robertson v Steven Hallworth

Matches on Tuesday September 26 will include:

10am
Yuan Sijun v Ben Mertens
Ma Hailong v Mohamed Ibrahim

1pm
Lyu Haotian v David Gilbert
Noppon Saengkham v Fergal O’Brien

(roll-on roll-off)
Scott Donaldson v Liam Graham
Jamie Jones v Julien Leclercq

7pm
Ken Doherty v Matthew Stevens
Andy Hicks v Graeme Dott

(roll-on roll-off)
Anthony Hamilton v Xiao Guodong
Rod Lawler v Dominic Dale

The following matches will also take place on Tuesday, with the schedule yet to be confirmed:

Joe O’Connor or Jack Lisowski v Shaun Murphy or Rebecca Kenna
Chris Wakelin v Gary Wilson or Ahmed Elsayed
Stephen Maguire v Peng Yisong or Mark Williams
Hammad Miah v Judd Trump or Anton Kazakov
Xu Si v Ali Carter or Allan Taylor
Jiang Jun or Robert Milkins v Stan Moody or Barry Hawkins
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh  v Oliver Lines
Oliver Brown v Hossein Vafaei
Si Jiahui v Neil Robertson or Jamie Clarke

Matches on Wednesday September 27 will include:

10am
Fan Zhengyi v Ross Muir
He Guoqiang v Muhammad Asif

1pm
Daniel Wells v Ashley Carty
Matthew Selt v Zak Surety

(roll-on roll-off)
Tom Ford v Ashley Hugill
David Grace v Sanderson Lam

The following matches will also take place over the morning and afternoon sessions on Wednesday, with the schedule yet to be confirmed:

Thor Chan Leong v Ryan Day or Sean O’Sullivan
Robbie Williams v John Higgins or Long Zehuang
Tian Pengfei v Mark Selby or Ben Woollaston
Kyren Wilson or Martin O’Donnell v Mark Allen or Anthony McGill
Liu Hongyu v Ding Junhui or Luca Brecel
Ishpreet Singh Chadha v Stuart Bingham

• 2 weeks later...

It was a great win for Mark Williams who pretty much won by playing Selby at his own game. Selby just couldn't find his rhythm. Williams reminds me of a Steve Davis quote "Play as if it means nothing, when it means everything" he clearly wants to win but can just move onto what's infront of him and not worry about what's happened. 

The English Open started earlier and I've just read that Ding had the first frame docked because he was wearing brown trousers. 

Judd Trump won the English Open yesterday after being 7-3 down to Zhang Anda and coming back to win 9-7. Trump is a real come from behind kinda guy. He seems to love a big comeback. I felt bad for Zhang but it's still a great result as he'd never been further than a quarter-final.

• Paid Members

I'd imagine earning several times as much in the exhibition as they would at the NI Open will take the sting out of whatever WST fines them to be honest, assuming fines would even be legal. Wouldn't be surprised if they go the public warning route for that reason.

The organisation in general has been a clown show recently. We're 2 months into the season and they haven't been able to get digital scoreboards to work and are holding events in China 12 hours after events in London and wondering why players are opting against playing in them.

• 3 weeks later...