Bare Knuckle Thread πŸ‘ŠπŸ»

Egg Shen

1 hour ago, Dai said:

Nah, its MMA, just without gloves.

Not to sound like a dick, but it's kinda all right there in the title of the promotion.

Gamebred Bareknuckle MMA.

It is real bareknuckle fights. In fact, it could be claimed that it's more real than bareknuckle boxing, because in a "real" fight there is no ref to lay a count on you when you get dropped.

Yeah I understand, but I dont think I looked at the poster for more than 2 seconds. In my head I just read bareknuckle, and thought it was the 'traditional' way of BK. It also may be more real, but its certainly less interesting/freakshow than BK boxing.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I'm not sure. Perry is pretty much the face of Bare Knuckle at this point.Β 

It's all a bit mad. On paper, leaving the UFC and ending up in BKFC seems like a career killer, but Perry appears to be making better money, is a bigger star in a prominent position and seems like he's in a much better place in his life mentally than ever before.Β 

It's a crazy world.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Paid Members

Yeah, its bareknuckle MMA too remember. I'll be watching this, they've stacked that card pretty deep. I watched the press conference and they made it clear they want violent fighters fighting for Gamebred, win/loss record need not matter, think they've done a good job.

Live stream is free, here's the link:

Β 

Skimmed through this. The Lomard and Francisco fights were both non events unfortunately. The Jason Knight fight is worth checking out for sure, as is the Shermon one. The Knight fight was the highlight of the show. Everything else was just no names so wasnt interested.

The main event was rubbish, yet the judges scoring was somehow even worse than the fight. Ill be honest, I was skipping most of R2 and R3 in 10 second intervals, but it was literally just Big Country in top position for the whole thing. Cant see how Belcher could win a decision in this one.

• Paid Members

Randy Costa is a real one as they say.Β 

I saw Costa interviewed beforehand saying he'd never had a streetfight in his life. You think he'd be staying away from that kind of game but he seems all in on it, crazy bastard.Β 

Gamebred issued a statement apologising for the state of the refereering and judging on the night, Belcher's win over Nelson being highlighted. Nelson was a clear winner in most people's eyes.