Bare Knuckle Thread ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿป

Egg Shen

She really waas the shits. To be fair, the ref standard has improved a tonne in quite a short span when you think about it. When you look back not that long ago, you would be discussing bad ref decisions pretty much for every show. The refs were much more recognisable back then because they were shit, and youd actually be in fear when one of them had a big match. These days you dont give the ref a second thought, and you dont get any super bad ref performances that often. Ill throw in Steve Mazzagatti and his tache as another shit ref.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Egg Shen changed the title to Bare Knuckle Thread ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿป (Perry vs. Alvarez - Dec. 2nd)

So this is basically going to come down to Perry's toughness versus Alvarez technical ability. Ordinarily, I'd give the edge to the more skilled fighter, but in this environment, I think some of these fighters get so far along and take a few shots then think "nah, fuck this."

Which is where Perry excels. Because he's a hard-headed fucking idiot.

6 hours ago, David said:

So this is basically going to come down to Perry's toughness versus Alvarez technical ability. Ordinarily, I'd give the edge to the more skilled fighter, but in this environment, I think some of these fighters get so far along and take a few shots then think "nah, fuck this."

Eddie went five rounds with Chad Mendes, who is still an animal, in his only other BKFC fight, and there were bombs being landed by Mendes and Eddie carried on. Dont think theres much chance of him throwing in the towel,

19 minutes ago, Dai said:

Eddie went five rounds with Chad Mendes, who is still an animal, in his only other BKFC fight, and there were bombs being landed by Mendes and Eddie carried on. Dont think theres much chance of him throwing in the towel,

Chad Mendes isn't Mike Perry. He's basically the perfect athlete for this kind of thing.ย 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, David said:

I think some of these fighters get so far along and take a few shots then think "nah, fuck this."

100%.

Whatever your thoughts are on the actual sport, there's no denying it takes a different type of fighter to want to continually take part in it. If you don't have it in you, you get found out real quick.

On 12/2/2023 at 12:26 PM, David said:

Well...

A shame it ended that way, as it was turning into a lovely and violent fight. I wonder if it's come out what was wrong with Eddie. I assume it was a broken orbital bone.ย 

Looking at the fight card, I forgot Big Ben and Duffee were on it too, what happened with that one? Would have been class.ย 

Watched the rest of this and most of it was shit, but when you have certain people like Alvarez and Perry fighting, it's a great spectacle.

• 1 month later...
  • Egg Shen changed the title to Bare Knuckle Thread ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿป