MDickie - the world's finest game developer

PowerButchi

• Moderators

So recently I've been playing Hard Time a lot. The game is so insane and shite that it was visionary and fantastic and the first compueter game worth playing not called Football Manager since Brian Lara on the PS1. It's a wonderfully realistic prison simulator.

The developer of this top game, MDickie, has also made a top class game about Christianity I need to download.

There's one about Allah too.

I played the utterly chaotic prison one but not played any others. I've got one I think about the music industry on my phone but never played. The wrestling games are great fun too if you haven't played them (i'm sure you have). I don't really get the time to play games on the PC too much these days though and some of the mobile versions are fucking hard to control with my old fingers

• Moderators

I've only played Hard Time thus far but it's already the best game I have ever played and will surely not be topped. I think the last wrestling game I ever played was EWR about 10 years ago

The wrestling games are basically the same control set and system to the prison game in lot of ways. They did for a time have a fantastic version with real world characters (around 2009 I think) which allowed you to transition between Raw, SD, ECW, TNA, ROH and a made up small time indy but it's all rip off versions now.

On a side note I picked up the latest version of EWR now known as Total Extreme Warfare, it's been marriage threateningly good as it's easier than the earlier paid ones they made but has so many more options.

All the PC versions of the Mdickie games he made freeware and can be downloaded here

http://www.mdickie.com/downloads.htm

Theres mods for certain games too which makes them look better graphics wise. 

http://www.mdickie.com/mods.htm

None for Hard Time though unfortunately. An Oz mod would be great. 

As for YouTestament, that's even more wacky than Hard Time. 

http://www.mdickie.com/prev_youtestament.htm

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, simonworden said:

The wrestling games are basically the same control set and system to the prison game in lot of ways. They did for a time have a fantastic version with real world characters (around 2009 I think) which allowed you to transition between Raw, SD, ECW, TNA, ROH and a made up small time indy but it's all rip off versions now.

On a side note I picked up the latest version of EWR now known as Total Extreme Warfare, it's been marriage threateningly good as it's easier than the earlier paid ones they made but has so many more options.

The MDickie wrestling games have always exclusively featured made up wresters (that bare a striking resemblance to those in real life. 'Crispin Noir' used to be a favourite of mine), just like EWR/TEW and most Fire Pro games.

There were tons of mods though that allowed for IRL rosters and arenas, as well as some brilliant mods which turned certain weapons into CZW-esque lightube constructs. For me, the gameplay was shite and it played best when I controlled all the on-screen characters to coordinate whacky and insane spots. I even made a music video on it set to 'Give It All' by Rise Against that racked up an impressive amount of views on YouTube back in the day.

I've always preferred EWR to TEW. It takes fucking ages to throw together a card in the more recent games and the amount of options is overwhelming. EWR, like Championship Manager 96'/97', hits the sweet spot between simplicity and the plethora of management duties. Also, it's free and is experiencing a bit of a resurgence at the moment. Hopefully this will be the kick in the arse for Adam Ryland to stop being a sulky pleb and to release EWR for mobile devices.

By the way Butch, Mdickie has also released a comprehensive biography and couple of books on Jesus and Christianity and all that, including a book that rallies against atheism. I'm sure it's all brilliant.

20 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

The MDickie wrestling games have always exclusively featured made up wresters (that bare a striking resemblance to those in real life. 'Crispin Noir' used to be a favourite of mine), just like EWR/TEW and most Fire Pro games.

There were tons of mods though that allowed for IRL rosters and arenas, as well as some brilliant mods which turned certain weapons into CZW-esque lightube constructs. For me, the gameplay was shite and it played best when I controlled all the on-screen characters to coordinate whacky and insane spots. I even made a music video on it set to 'Give It All' by Rise Against that racked up an impressive amount of views on YouTube back in the day.

I've always preferred EWR to TEW. It takes fucking ages to throw together a card in the more recent games and the amount of options is overwhelming. EWR, like Championship Manager 96'/97', hits the sweet spot between simplicity and the plethora of management duties. Also, it's free and is experiencing a bit of a resurgence at the moment. Hopefully this will be the kick in the arse for Adam Ryland to stop being a sulky pleb and to release EWR for mobile devices.

By the way Butch, Mdickie has also released a comprehensive biography and couple of books on Jesus and Christianity and all that, including a book that rallies against atheism. I'm sure it's all brilliant.

I agreed about EWR until I played the recent TWR although I'm playing as an indie right now so 2/3 shows a month is manageable but a big company schedule might sour me on it. 

I'm curious what you mean about Tulane being sulky as I've been curios why we don't have a mobile version of any of the games yet.

I also noticed he charges again for the original TEW which was on offer for free for a while.

• Paid Members
On 8/2/2018 at 4:52 AM, simonworden said:

I'm curious what you mean about Tulane being sulky as I've been curios why we don't have a mobile version of any of the games yet.

Everyone has been asking Grey Dog/Adam for ages about a mobile version. Not asking for TEW on my android, but EWR can surely be ported over to most devices considering it's about a decade old now. But whenever the question is asked, the answer is a rather stroppy "*huff!* The AMOUNT of work it would TAKE to port EWR isn't worth my time!". Yet there's clearly a demand from an audience who will happily pay for such a port. 

Extreme Warfare Deluxe and any other from before that can likely be played on a phone if you use DOSBox Turbo from the Play store, there's probably some annoying tinkering to be done tho.

I just loaded up EWD using DOS on my PC and it's weird as hell, a game starts in April 2001 with WCW being alive but with a tiny roster of jobbers and no staff so I'm signing up whoever I can. I just saw that "American Dragon" is in the game but he's still under contract to the WWF..

Archived