90s Bangers

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Bowie's 90s were odd for a lot of people, but I really liked this time. "The Heart's Filthy Lesson" on the Se7en soundtrack (unofficially, I think) summed up the industrial sound, but it's not really a banger.

100% agree. I've always been a bit baffled by the abuse he gets for this period. Outside and Earthling have some fantastic songs on them, which never get their due. Bowie seemed really invigorated teaming up with Trent Reznor and Eno again.

Also,

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Battle Stations by Winger is criminally underappreciated due to everyone on earth hating the band Winger. Amazing song.

I'm done with this thread.  NO cunt is topping that!  I only remember it from the Bill and Ted soundtrack and bummed it heavily at the time.  Had completely forgotten about it.  Day made, all my upvotes for the day to you sir.

I got into Bowie through The Nomad Soul video game, so the Hours album (basically its soundtrack) will always be my favourite work of his. Probably an acquired taste but given a chance it's a grower.

• Paid Members

Liking the love for 90s Bowie here, good to see others with good taste! The Hours album wasn't bad at all - I remember when it was first released, I got a letter from the David Bowie fanclub (which, to this day, I'm still mystified about, because I never joined it or signed up to any mailing lists) telling me it wasn't going to be released in any mainstream shops, and there was a list on the back of all the independent record shops it was going to be sold in. 

Also agreed about Leftfield. Here's one of the big ones - starts off chilled, turns into a banger:

• Paid Members

I loved Brimful of Asha, but it got so overplayed at the time I ended up not being able to listen to it for years. But that period has now passed, and I'm enjoying it again. Same with the tracks below: