5 star wrestling

matty_kissarmy

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I didn't know they'd booked Tor, that's class!

Has he worked the UK much at all? I mostly know him through STHLM, he seems a really out of left-field choice for a UK promotion, let alone one like Five Star that doesn't seem to have much interest in focusing on little-known talent. Maybe they've got more of a long-term plan than I gave them credit for.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, The Dart said:

He's done a few shows for ICW.

Ah, that makes sense - ICW seem to be the main point of reference for 5 Star's talent base, as far as I can tell. Still, good to see them giving a spot to someone relatively new to most viewers - I've worked with a couple of the STHLM boys, so I follow their product as best I can, and there's some decent talent there; that part of the world is a real untapped market for wrestlers, if you ask me.

Tor and Bram are two guys when they are on screen look like wrestlers to the casual audience. Good additions and I like how they have slowly shown them than rush in with them. 

If masters swagger and carlito fuck off these coujd be decent shows. 

• Paid Members

I'd rather they not use Bram for Bram-related reasons, but Tor is a bloke who looks like an absolute monster, and has enough of a Game of Thrones vibe going to have some decent crossover appeal. If they can find a way to get some mainstream attention on him, I guarantee they'd be on to something.

What part of game of thrones has gas masks and post apocalyptic music? He’s more a Fallout/ mad max style character 

Awwh pat, thought you were better than the SJW of twitter Bram hate. Should you not be more annoyed them using Moose who has an actual conviction against him then? 

• Paid Members

Just in general, I mean him being a big Viking fucker with a massive beard. Its a relevant look lately.

I don't think it makes me an "SJW of Twitter" to not particularly care for someone who strangled a woman, admitted it to the police, then joked about it on social media, claimed it never happened once he started losing bookings over it, and blamed it on "people mistaking him for his character", as if it was the TNA wrestler Bram who got arrested for strangling his girlfriend, not the bloke I don't think it makes me an "SJW of Twitter" to not feel comfortable supporting companies that continue to book him regardless. I don't think being opposed to domestic violence makes someone an "SJW", does it?

As for Moose, well, no one had brought him up, but Bram had been mentioned, so I responded. I've maybe seen one or two Moose matches in my life, and am only vaguely aware of his arrest.

He’s admitted he held her by the throat after she had Started to assault him. And they both admitted drink and drugs had a part to play. Having grown up in a household where I witnessed domestic assault on a regular basis I’m very much against it, doesn’t mean every incident makes someone a domestic abuser who should never been booked again. From those I know and trust the judgement of in wrestling that know him say he’s a much changed character these days and avoids getting into the conditions that got him in trouble in the past. To not want someone not charged of an offence and who’s admitted their faults to get on with their life is a bit over dramatic sjw status for me 

• Paid Members

Doing interviews claiming it never happened and saying "I've never been violent towards a woman", and that they were false allegations, after previously having admitted it, and blaming fans for daring to bring it up, doesn't sound like someone who's a "much changed character", it sounds like someone who's unrepentant and would rather people stop bringing it up so it doesn't affect his ability to get bookings. Especially when he's since used it as a storyline in ICW.

The fact that he wasn't charged makes very little difference to me, I don't see legality as the sole measure of morality - "charges dropped" is not the same thing as "not guilty", when he had previously confessed to strangling her, and the police report detailed the evidence of strangulation. 

But, sure, I'm "over dramatic" for preferring to not see domestic abusers in prominent positions in a business I work in and love.

Restraining and strangling aren’t the same thing. If he had been violent I’m sure there would be plenty evidence for charges , as In florida the police can press even if victim doesn’t want to proceed. You can change the words to make it mean whatever you want tho if it makes you feel better about it. Enjoy the air up the moral high ground, as there’s not much high ground left in wrestling if you are going to believe every accusation that goes online. 

Someone being “violent” once in their life doesn’t mean you have to wish them no luck or success in their life ever again. Which is what everyone who jumps on the  anti Bram bandwagon does. Its the least thought through opinion in uk wrestling 

Archived