General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Spurs are reportedly in for Davinson Sanchez from Ajax for 35m EUR, and a deal is likely if nothing goes wrong. 

I imagine Danny Rose is currently furiously Googling as we haven't signed Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Top six

1. Chelsea

2. Man United

3. Man City

4. Spurs

5. Arsenal

6. Liverpool

Relegated

18. Stoke

19. Swansea

30. Huddersfield

Top Scorer

Gabriel Jesus

Player of the Season

De Bryune

Young Player of the Season

Gabriel Jesus

Top six

1. Manchester City

2. Arsenal

3. Liverpool 

4. Manchester United

5. Chelsea

6. Tottenham

Bottom three

18. West Ham United

19. Watford

20. Huddersfield Town

Top scorer

Alexandre Lacazette

Player of the Season

Dunno... Sadio Mané?

Gabriel Jesus

First sacking

Mauricio Pellegrino 

• Paid Members

Fantastic opening game from a (kind of) neutrals perspective. I have to say, Arsenal need Koscielny and Mustafi back asap as a team like, say, Manchester City will have their way with Arsenal's defence as it is. 

I know it's only the opening game but a large contingent of Arsenal fans in the ground tonight were the worst. Only sing when you're winning types for sure. You could feel the atmosphere start to turn toxic 30 minutes into the first game of the season ffs. 

• Paid Members

Top six

1. Manchester City

2. Chelsea

3.  Arsenal

4. Manchester United

5. Tottenham

6. Liverpool

Bottom three

18. Watford

19. Burnley

20. Swansea

Top scorer

Kane

Player of the Season

De Bruyne

Gabriel Jesus

First sacking

Mark Hughes

• Awards Moderator

Top six

1. Man. City

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool

4. Everton

5. Arsenal

6. Tottenham

Relegated

18. I want to say Huddersfield, but we're playing them tomorrow, so Stoke

19. Swansea

30. Brighton

Top Scorer

Harry Kane

Player of the Season

Wilfried Zaha

Gabriel Jesus

First Sacking

Paul Clement

• Moderators

Proper hoping Brighton stay up. Considering they still shake buckets to raise money for The Thrashers of Arsenal, and the Wreckers of West Ham (that be Wrexham), and they are a left wing club, it'd be lovely to see them do well.

• Paid Members

Seen various different newspaper reports that Spurs are facing close to a mutiny with many of the players supporting Rose's decision to speak out. Considering their top earners are only on 100k a week when people like Benteke at Palace are on 120, it's hardly surprising. Levy for all the gold he does in selling players is starting to slip up realising they need to be offering top money to people like Alderweild or they will leave.

• Paid Members

In my opinion, the problem is that mediocre players are on ridiculous wages, which drives up wages for actual excellent players. No way should Benteke be on 120k a week, but that's the market I guess. 

I don't read too much into newspaper reports of mutineers. On the one hand, you've got agents agitating for new contracts or moves so they can get paid and on the other you've got the bigger clubs, with all their media tendrils, able to rock the boat and try to pick us apart by tapping up our players via the papers. The Times and The Sun say we've got a player mutiny? I don't really buy it. 

I'm sure most of our top players feel they should be paid more but I would also hope they realise that the main factor that holds us back in terms of being able to pay bigger salaries is our stadium. We have a wage budget, currently, of around 100m on revenue on 210m. We're paying nearly 50% of our revenue in wages as it is, we can't substantially increase anyone's salary until we move into the new stadium. The new stadium will more than double our match day revenue. 

This isn't a lack of ambition. It's financial prudence. 

Archived