General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Watford to go down for me. They've looked gradually worse over the past two seasons and I don't think they'll improve on that. I think they've ridden their luck with their 'throw shit at the wall and hope it sticks' approach to players and managers alike, no stability about them at all and that stems from the owners. Seems to be a bit of dissension between the manager and key player Capoue at the moment too, so the dressing room could be tense.

The three coming up are good, but I think they'll be in the relegation fight. Similar to Doog, I reckon anyone outside the top 7 can go down. I reckon the team most likely to stay up out of those 13 is Bournemouth. West Ham look to have done good business, but they could go horribly bad (I don't think they will). I can see Southampton plummeting down the table this season.

Hope Stoke, West Brom and Burnley go down. Sorry Ralphy, but you know.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Me too, probably because I love the place. I want Huddersfield to stay up because I like their mini-Klopp manager.

Edit: also that Sun 'interview' will be absolutely bollocks, well because The Sun.

• Paid Members

Don't give me an erection at this hour, I'm tired and I want to go to sleep in a minute.

Also, are we going to gloss over the fact that Liverpool have rejected a £90m bid for Coutinho? Ninety fucking million! Bet he goes for something silly like £120m. Barca have money and are desperate.

Its mental when you think about it, I mean going into this season we've just come up so normally it'd be silly for me to say "I reckon we can finish top 10" - but the crazy thing is, outside th top 7 it's a free for all so we could end up finishing 10th and still being closer points wise To the relegation zone than 7th. You've literally got at least 11 teams next season that could finish anywhere between 10tj and 20th I reckon.

Watford are done for me for the reasons PunkStep mentioned and I just don't think their signings are good enough, Will Hughes is alright but nothing special and Gray only scored 9 goals last season.

Woule love Brighton to stay up as well as will always have a soft spot for Hughton, Huddersfield will be one of them that stay up this season and go down next I reckon. Still not confident Rafa stays and if he were to go there'd be hell on and we'd be done

Cant wait for It to get going now - would like To think we'll give Spurs a game on Sunday but we'll see

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Doog said:

Its mental when you think about it, I mean going into this season we've just come up so normally it'd be silly for me to say "I reckon we can finish top 10" - but the crazy thing is, outside the top 7 it's a free for all so we could end up finishing 10th and still being closer points wise To the relegation zone than 7th. You've literally got at least 11 teams next season that could finish anywhere between 10th and 20th I reckon.

Agree with this, I'm looking at the teams in the league this year and finding it really difficult to predict who's going down. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Doog said:

Cant wait for It to get going now - would like To think we'll give Spurs a game on Sunday but we'll see

Oh, I think you will. This Rose thing (confirmed as him, by the way) is the kind of thing to knacker morale in the squad, a squad that is wafer thin right now.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Really don't want Danny Rose at United.

I read tweets from journalists before the full story was published saying it's not as bad as it sounds. To me, he comes across as a bit of a prick. Yes, you want to win trophies and you want to be paid more, but don't get salty about fans getting on your back for having a bad season before Poch came in. The irony of the implication from a footballer that the fans are fickle and don't show loyalty. 

If you think you're not being paid enough or the club aren't matching your ambitions or whatever, go speak to the manager, go speak to the chairman. Don't specifically set up an exclusive interview with the Sun, of all papers, days before the season starts and piss everybody off.

Archived