General Adnan's Football 17/18

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

They prefer to be called the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. Or Borussia. 

Yeah, Twickenham residents I spoke to did not want football descending upon them. Wembley is probably a better idea. 

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Gus Mears said:

Anyhow, we've sold Nathaniel Chalobah for peanuts.

Madness. I know he wasn't a difference maker, but that's still 10 league appearances last season that need to be replenished. Selling him and Ake, letting Solanke go (which in fairness could be more out of Chelsea's hands) and sending Loftus Cheek on loan are strange decisions. Sending Abraham out on loan is fair enough, same with Izzy Brown when you eventually do that too. But the theory that Chelsea hate bringing youngsters through is really coming out again, after a year or so of promise.

Squad is starting to look a bit threadbare. At least you have Remy.

• Paid Members

Even though I'm a Barnsley supporter, I've always had a soft spot for Spurs. Some might say they are my second club, but I don't like all this "second club" crap. Remember being taken to the '91 cup final when Gazza self destructed. The bloke is my footballing hero and I was absolutely devastated!

Must say though, the new White Hart Lane looks incredible, and I know there is a lot of talk about Spurs "doing an Arsenal" and being hamstrung in the transfer market due to the stadium costs, but will it make that much of a difference considering a) Spurs aren't known as the biggest spenders, either in transfers or wages and b)the shocking amount of money top flight clubs now get from the TV deal? It's a genuine question by the way. Supporting a wanky Championship side means I don't pay as much attention to things in the Premier League as i probably should do...

• Paid Members

There's no getting away from the fact that building a new stadium puts financial strain on a club. Having said that, Levy has said that the new stadium will not affect player transfers in any way. Whether that's true or not, I can't say. 

• Paid Members

Ah, I remember these days. Get ready to buy some class future prospects rather than spending big, like bringing in Denilson, Nicklas Bentdner and Armand Traore. They'll come good one day, you'll see.

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Latest net income/expenditure on PL transfers. usual caveats about undisclosed fees apply.

transfers.png

As a life long supporter of a non Premier League team(a relatively small, skint one at that), it scares me shitless the amount of money that change hands in the Top flight. I mean Huddersfield, who were always a similar size to Barnsley(in my lifetime anyway) spending over £45m since promotion just doesn't sit right to me. 

And don't get me started on the parachute payments for those that fail...

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

We're more in the business of paying lots for players who seem good in other leagues and/or World Cups and then them flopping. 

So are Arsenal, as long as the league is French and the World Cup is for U20s.

4 hours ago, Ladiesman345 said:

Linfield vs Celtic kicks off at 17:00 for anybody that was thinking it was the usual 19:45 Champions League time.

Did you see Leigh Griffiths' booking? Fucking hell. Booked for complaining to the referee about having coins and a wine bottle thrown at him.

Easy win for Celtic, they'll stroll it at Parkhead next week and probably hit Linfield for about 5 or 6.

Sectarian scumbags. If that bottle of buckie had hit Griffiths it would've caused a bit of damage. I read on the BBC that the Linfield chairman went over to the fans to calm them down and they still continued to throw hot coffee etc. 

7 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

As a life long supporter of a non Premier League team(a relatively small, skint one at that), it scares me shitless the amount of money that change hands in the Top flight. I mean Huddersfield, who were always a similar size to Barnsley(in my lifetime anyway) spending over £45m since promotion just doesn't sit right to me. 

And don't get me started on the parachute payments for those that fail...

We've just sold the most talented lad to come out of our youth team to Leicester City for £125k, the most we received for a player since being founded. Okay we're National League but the difference is unreal. That 125k ensures we don't have to worry about unexpected bills etc in the near future and probably covers any loss we made last season (Chester run a tight ship and do okay but lord knows how clubs at this level survive with the gates they get and wages they pay)

Archived