Sh*t TV Thread

WWFChilli

• Paid Members

Can't remember how to embed videos on her, but what the fuck is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv4JpKA0FqI&t=1098s

SKY TV was fantastic in it's early inception, such was the desperation to provide original content. 'Style Trial' is a fantastic example of this. Helen Atkinson-Wood dressed like someone Drop Dead Fred might swipe right, hosts a style game show. Giving 'celebs', the chance to judge people purely on a VT montage (the results are as hilarious as you imagine). The panel for the show features Richard Jobson, a woman whose name I cannot make out (VHS demons), and notorious twat James Whale. Atkinson-Wood has some banter with Wood joking 'GET YOU LATER' and an 3:38 you can audibly hear Whale saying 'I doubt it', like an absolute turd hoarder.

Crap TV. Fucking post it, I love it. State of it.

Richard Jobson sang for Skids of Into The Valley fame. Their guitarist went on to be a Big Country member. And yes, I do remember.

God I love that joke. Jobson is about 29/30 in that clip. Hard living.
Fucking hell. He looks like their dad.

• Moderators

To be honest, I wouldn't mind something like Night Fever come back to Saturday nights. Cheap, cheerful and unchallenging yet entertaining. It certainly pisses over the likes of the game show Wife of the Week on Sky One in 1991 or so. Prize was a rolling pin, host was Biggins. Rounds were stuff like ironing.

Other early 90s Sky treats include The Price is Right presented by WARMAN

and SKY STAR SEARCH presented by CHEGGERS!

Being an early adopter of Sky (as a Satellite service as opposed to cable which had been around since 1982 or 3) in 1989 meant I got to watch all manner of shite.

• Paid Members

I'm pretty sure Night Fever was where I first heard the glorious dulcet tones of Shaun Williamson as well.

You're right Butch, bring it back...along with Man O Man. Take Me Out is just a poor version of that isn't it?

Man o Man was just a shade better tha God's Gift. Speaking of Davina McCall has been associated with some right tripe.

I'm pretty sure Night Fever was where I first heard the glorious dulcet tones of Shaun Williamson as well.

You're right Butch, bring it back...along with Man O Man. Take Me Out is just a poor version of that isn't it?

Man o Man was just a shade better tha God's Gift. Speaking of Davina McCall has been associated with some right tripe.

Most notably, being Davina McCall.

• Paid Members

Anyone remember Friday night Channel 4 shitfest Naked Elvis?

Hosted by Robbie Williams' ex Tania Strecker it took the format of a game show over a couple of rounds. At the end of each round the Elvis in question (somebody in an Elvis costume. They had a black Elvis and a midget Elvis) would disrobe until we ended with the eponymous "Naked Elvis". It was one of those postpub things that'd be on to kill half an hour between the repeat of TFI Friday and Bits.

Archived