The Notorious v Money

ColinBollocks

4 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I think the ones saying Mayweather won are doing so as they are defending their noble sport against the barbarism of cage fighting and will see the inevitable Mayweather win as proof their sport is the superior one.

Fucking tribalistic arse wipes, in other words.

I don't see how anyone can have watched that and seriously believed Mayweather won. He came off so badly. His entire reputation as being this flamboyant personality was exposed as being a compete fraud. Showtime came off really badly as well, because they’re either incompetent at being able to put this together or they were intentionally cutting Conor’s mic off so as to avoid him verbally carving Mayweather into tiny pieces.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Noah Southworth said:

I don't see how anyone can have watched that and seriously believed Mayweather won. He came off so badly. His entire reputation as being this flamboyant personality was exposed as being a compete fraud. Showtime came off really badly as well, because they’re either incompetent at being able to put this together or they were intentionally cutting Conor’s mic off so as to avoid him verbally carving Mayweather into tiny pieces.

He's talking about who wins the fight - not the press conferences.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I think the ones saying Mayweather won are doing so as they are defending their noble sport against the barbarism of cage fighting and will see the inevitable Mayweather win as proof their sport is the superior one.

Fucking tribalistic arse wipes, in other words.

This is the bit Noah was referring to, herbie.

• Paid Members

Mayweather is the worst. Just pure slime in a tracksuit. You could tell he really didn't like McGregor giving him shit. Even with the dodgy mics and all that shenanigans, he still heard it. And he hated it. 

I hate that, in the end, the cunt is going to win. Enjoy this week fellas. This is where McGregor gets his 10-8s. And if Floyd thought LA was bad, just wait until they get to New York and London where the Irish population is much bigger. I can see it being like the Dublin leg of the Aldo-McGregor tour. 

• Paid Members

It's no surprise the Showtime stream is full of home team Mayweather talk, but it's delusional some of the things they've come out with about last night. You would imagine prime Ali was talking last night and not some stuttering scripted cringe. HARD WORK, indeed.

22 minutes ago, OzExile said:

Schaub is generally quite likeable.  But he has no fucking business being on this production.  MMA will look stupid for it! 

Yeah, he doesn't appear to be a bad guy or anything. But he talks bollocks. He was acting last night like Floyd had delivered a stage performance for the ages. It was Floyd's usual routine. It was the same level of trash talking that he had aimed at the Walsh brothers a few weeks ago. 

• Paid Members

I really find Schaub entertaining in the right environment but jeez the guy doesn't have the composure to think before he talks.

He just said Eddie Alverez is on Mount Rushmore. I'm hoping he means his visiting. 

• Paid Members

Schaub is a clueless dolt. He somehow thought Floyd schooled McGregor last night - must be easily impressed by cringy low-level wit. His boxing knowledge is also terrible for a fighter - he's embarrassing MMA by giving Conor such a chance in this fight. Boxing pundits must be just shaking their head at his analysis.

Sick of that stupid "A side" debate. It doesn't fucking matter - the fight needs 2 people. 

Well, tonight was a different story. What a star McGregor is, and he's making Mayweather look like a tool by comparison. Mayweather has gone full scale heel on Toronto after they booed the fuck out of him, chanted "Pay your taxes!" and generally gave McGregor so much love you'd think he was a returning Hulk Hogan.

"Why are you carrying a book bag? You can't even read!"

• Paid Members

McGregor smoked him. That was bloody tremendous.

Calling out Showtime and Floyd for the mic and what not was an incredible moment. So many cool moments, throughout.

Mayweather was worse than last night. He's proper hokey and McGregor exposes him as such.

Showtime Schuab is still saying it was close, though. It's adorable this lot.

Fucking incredible! That might’ve been McGregor’s finest hour.

After the dud that was last night, this has completely got me well and truly back on the hype train.

Mayweather was pretty crap again but at least he’s embraced the full heel mode. Can’t help but feel he’s showed his hand when he mentioned waiting until London to talk about Conor and women, McGregor is going to give him absolute hell - not least with Floyd’s history!

Archived