Characters you'd like to see return

lamply

This topic might fall flat on its arse, but I'll give it a go anyway. 

What specific characters/gimmicks would you like to see make a return to the current day WWE roster?

What I mean is, what specific wrestler would you like to see return in a specific gimmick that they've occupied in the past. 

For example, you might want to see Charles Wright return as Papa Shango, you might want to see Matt Hardy return as Version 1, or the return of King BOOKAH!

I'd like to see:

* Jamie Noble as the "Redneck Messiah" - I really enjoyed Jamie Noble's redneck gimmick back in the day. The one thing the Cruiserweight Division is lacking (well...ONE of the things the Cruiserweight division is lacking) is actual defined characters. He could bring that. Alternatively he'd be a fun addition to the Smackdown roster. 

* Morrison/Mercury as MNM - This one's not the most realistic for various reasons but I don't care. I loved this gimmick! 

* Bad News Barrett - I didn't like this character at first, but it grew on me. Barrett really seemed to be getting over as this character before everything fell to pieces for the poor guy AGAIN. 

* Damien Sandow as "the genius" - I don't know why this gimmick was dropped so suddenly, it was great. 

• Paid Members

You know, before he died, I wanted to see the return of Matt Bourne as a down and out, still wearing the clown make up, but wearing his flannel and stuff. Pretty much how he was at indy shows. Like he hasnt got a pot to piss in, and walks around dressed half like Doink all angry and boarding on paedoy.

Watched Survivors 98 last night, such a shame Regal was fucked on drugs for his short Real Man's Man run, what a theme he had! I'd have him and Spike Dudley just cos I love Spike Dudley

• Paid Members

You know, before he died, I wanted to see the return of Matt Bourne as a down and out, still wearing the clown make up, but wearing his flannel and stuff. Pretty much how he was at indy shows. Like he hasnt got a pot to piss in, and walks around dressed half like Doink all angry and boarding on paedoy.

From the brief bits I've seen of Bourne Again in ECW, I liked what I saw. I'd have loved to see that character have a run in the big leagues under the right circumstances. A down and out nothing-to-lose creepy kind of guy could make for a dangerous character. Shame he was apparently a bit of a prick.

I would've loved to have seen the return of Waylon Mercy. Such a shame he got injured after only a couple of months. The character and theme music was spot on. Used to love it when he applied the sleeper hold and he would look like an absolute nut job staring at the camera. He would've been more suited during the Attitude Era they could've came up with a ton of crazy shit for Spivey.

Reverend D-Von. I always thought there was potential in a righteous religious zealot trying to cure the moral ills of the WWE. Maybe less so now it's PG but a friendly stab at religion might be fun. Stick that Tim Wiese lad as his new deacon and it could be some fun midcard stuff.

Archived