WWE Travel and Accommodation Between House/TV Shows

TheLowdown1987

Now I know Wrestlers get free flights as a contractual obligation from where they live out to the first destination on the 'Loop' but what about Car hire and Hotel accommodation?

I was wondering how they travel from city to city on a House show loop. I've heard stories of 3 or 4 guys renting a car and splitting the cost between them to save money but how is it all booked up? Do they go to the airport car rental desks when they land and book a car and then drop it off when they leave at the last stop? 

And the same goes with Hotels. Do they randomly turn up at a Best Western or a Hyatt after a show and hope they have a couple of free rooms or do you think they book all of they're nights in advance.

It would be so much easier if it was done for them, pesky WWE.

I'd imagine thse days, with apps and stuff it's much easier to book a few hotels on the move. And all likely to have a shit ton of loyalty points so no doubt get better treatment from car hire firms and hotels.

Do they do the car hire thing outside of the U.S? I saw a massive coach pull up at Sheffield Arena one year and everybody piled off like it was a school trip to Alton Towers. I just assumed they travelled around like that, from place to place, like Coach Trip but with Vince as Brendan.

Do they do the car hire thing outside of the U.S? I saw a massive coach pull up at Sheffield Arena one year and everybody piled off like it was a school trip to Alton Towers. I just assumed they travelled around like that, from place to place, like Coach Trip but with Vince as Brendan.

They probably use coaches in the UK so the American wrestlers don't lose their shit over using roundabouts

On European tours all food/travel/accommodation is paid for. In USA it's mostly on them, depending their status (hence the good ones having their own bus).

Since the collapse of DVD sales & PPV buys, they earn a lot less.

Which is why so many mid level leave these days as they can earn more and have a better life style away from WWE.

On European tours all food/travel/accommodation is paid for. In USA it's mostly on them, depending their status (hence the good ones having their own bus).

Since the collapse of DVD sales & PPV buys, they earn a lot less.

Which is why so many mid level leave these days as they can earn more and have a better life style away from WWE.

So Many is stretching it a bit isn't it??

Cody Rhodes/Stardust and Del Rio are the only 2 recent ones to have left off there own accord and neither of them left because of the Collapse of DVD Sales and PPV buys impacting the royalties they receive

From a former road warrior (and an avis employee while at uni- who had a hobby of trying to find wrestler reservations in the system- yes, I was that geeky!) I would think they definitely book everything in advance. That way, they just show their drivers licence and drive the car off the lot as part of the loyalty programs, rather than having to stand in line behind clueless tourists endlessly debating whether to upgrade to a Ford Focus .

Same for hotels, if you're staying at the same chain 100+ nights per year, you end up with a ton of loyalty points and can take the Missus to Hawaii for 2 weeks. Plus, with apps and smart phones reservations can all be made on the go.

Highly doubt they would ever just rock up and wing it...

As already mentioned, international tours WWE would put everybody into the same hotel and provide transport (coach). 

I'm guessing the same happens during Summerslam/Mania week, I know at Mania they were all in one hotel for about four days but again that makes sense with travel arrangements, media appearances etc. 

I know they have to show up at a TV taping at like 1pm - 2pm, live events they would arrive about an hour and a half before the show.

Archived