TIL - Wrestling

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

So stuff you heard on a podcast, read on a forum, saw in the Observer, whatever, but did not know before today.

Share and educate everyone.

TIL from listening to Meltzer on WM that WWE wanted to do the Batista/Triple Hmatch from the brilliant slow built to WM21 on TV months before but HHH stepped in and stopped it.

TIL from the same pods on WM25 that Vincent McMahon thought he could take "the midget" Frank Shamrock.

• Moderators

I never bought that one too be honest. Seemed like Scott Keith level bullshit. See also: Steve Austin was meant to win the title at Final Four but got injured at the start of the match. That's one of his too.

TIL from the same pods on WM25 that Vincent McMahon thought he could take "the midget" Frank Shamrock.

The story's in Jericho's third book ('Best in the World') and had me giggling to myself for some time afterwards.

I was reading some new book I bought months ago that "The Game" gimmick was going to be given to Owen Hart, what with him resenting the whole attitude era and direction of Wrestling they were going to give him the no nonsense ass kicking persona. Then Russo killed him and Triple H got it.

HHH had already started as The Game by Over The Edge though hadn't he?

• Moderators

Owen was well into lower card comedy territory by the end of 98, and he wasn't going to leaving there any time soon when he carked it dressed as super hero with the entire idea of making him look silly to punish him as he turned down an angle where he'd be fucking Debra, so I think that one's a myth.

Archived