Doomed anecdotal megathread #2

Sergio Mendacious

Have been prescribed some Oxycodone (for 'breakout pain') and antibiotics, but hadn't needed the Oxy. However, that didn't stop me accidentally taking it, and then wondering why my head is spinning and I feel like I'm going to faint. I don't think it agrees with me.

Strong as fuck that. Amazing a doctor here has prescribed it. Normally you're either getting the Tramadol 50mg or Co-Codamols 30mg. Co-Codamols are great for dental pain. Probably the highest they'll go around here.

I've had my battle with Tramadol ... Jesus, it's a bitch to come off.  :/  Doctors aren't prescribing co-codamol around here anymore, for some reason.  I'm on straight codeine 30mg these days.

• Paid Members

I can't find a pic of it but there's one similar I'll post later and try and describe it better. One it was clatty and two why do we need to degenerate to this? I couldn't believe it. Only time I've seen anything like it was in Klub Griboyedov in deepest darkest Moscow. Fucked up.

In other news 30mg codeine gets me through the day. Although I'm turning into Gregory House judging by the rate at which I get through it.

• Paid Members

Have been prescribed some Oxycodone (for 'breakout pain') and antibiotics, but hadn't needed the Oxy. However, that didn't stop me accidentally taking it, and then wondering why my head is spinning and I feel like I'm going to faint. I don't think it agrees with me.

Strong as fuck that. Amazing a doctor here has prescribed it. Normally you're either getting the Tramadol 50mg or Co-Codamols 30mg. Co-Codamols are great for dental pain. Probably the highest they'll go around here.

I've had my battle with Tramadol ... Jesus, it's a bitch to come off. :/ Doctors aren't prescribing co-codamol around here anymore, for some reason. I'm on straight codeine 30mg these days.

When I went to my doctor to see if he'd put me on a tapering codeine dose after getting completely hooked on OTC medications containing codeine (he wouldn't) he told me that he didn't see the point in prescribing codeine with paracetamol in it because the codeine itself is enough. He reckoned they only put paracetamol in the OTC stuff as a deterrent against abuse (one that evidentially doesn't work.)

One bright spot of being in a part of the world where there are NO fun OTC drugs is that if I took a piss test tomorrow, this may be the first time in years I'd piss completely clean! There are 25-odd Xanax pills sitting at home though, and given my history of taking anything laying around that gives me a buzz, I may not be clean for much longer.

What would your ex wife getting a PhD have to do with your current relationship? Not that it's close to the same as having a wife but I've no idea what my ex girlfriends are doing these days because why should I give a shit?

It stirred up old feelings, you don't be with someone for 14 years and switch them off. I guess it made me think what if. But I let myself down by binge drinking, I've been doing really well lately and and very disappointed in myself

Thankfully, my girlfriend forgave me.

• Paid Members

They'll chuck them at you with no reservations but also no repeat prescription here. Got percocet for the insane initial pain, and then an oxy prescription in case I need them for the next few days. 

• Paid Members

What would your ex wife getting a PhD have to do with your current relationship? Not that it's close to the same as having a wife but I've no idea what my ex girlfriends are doing these days because why should I give a shit?

It stirred up old feelings, you don't be with someone for 14 years and switch them off. I guess it made me think what if. But I let myself down by binge drinking, I've been doing really well lately and and very disappointed in myself

Thankfully, my girlfriend forgave me.

Glad to hear it!

• Paid Members

The bathroom habits of one of the guys at work is driving me insane.

At first it was amusing. Whilst I was having a relaxing shit and catching up on here, he comes in (probably unaware I was in the end cubicle), gives himself a motivational speech in the mirror, and then what sounded like him doing several laps of the room before striding out.

I've caught him doing that twice since.

Today I only went in for a piss, but he was already in a cubicle and I could hear him unrolling pretty much the entire toilet roll in one energetic go.

As I was washing my hands, he comes out with his trousers still open and sets about fastening them in front of the mirror, chest puffed out and with a big smile on his face, watching himself.

He's going to end up in a shopping mall with an assault rifle, isn't he?

• Paid Members

The bathroom habits of one of the guys at work is driving me insane.

At first it was amusing. Whilst I was having a relaxing shit and catching up on here, he comes in (probably unaware I was in the end cubicle), gives himself a motivational speech in the mirror, and then what sounded like him doing several laps of the room before striding out.

I've caught him doing that twice since.

Today I only went in for a piss, but he was already in a cubicle and I could hear him unrolling pretty much the entire toilet roll in one energetic go.

As I was washing my hands, he comes out with his trousers still open and sets about fastening them in front of the mirror, chest puffed out and with a big smile on his face, watching himself.

He's going to end up in a shopping mall with an assault rifle, isn't he?

WTrTgPn.jpg

Is this him?

Staying with toilets and work...

I've walked into the cubicles at my work, and on more than one occasion, the same man is just sat there taking a dump......with the door unlocked. At first I thought it was a mistake on his part, its easy enough to not see the door has locked etc. But second time around, and it was the same guy again, I'm thinking "what the hell man?". the worst part is, he leaves the door slightly ajar as well, so you think its empty (with the lock colour thing showing green as well), so you push the door and it either hits the poort blokes legs or swings open to reveal him in his de-pantsed glory looking like a deer in the headlights.

Each time, he make the internationally approved noise of doing somthing wrong, ("OOOOOHP"),And then just kind of stares at you like its your fault. Its not cool.

Said bloke is also a massive numpty when it comes to work, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I've walked into the cubicles at my work, and on more than one occasion, the same man is just sat there taking a dump......with the door unlocked. At first I thought it was a mistake on his part, its easy enough to not see the door has locked etc. But second time around, and it was the same guy again, I'm thinking "what the hell man?". the worst part is, he leaves the door slightly ajar as well, so you think its empty (with the lock colour thing showing green as well), so you push the door and it either hits the poort blokes legs or swings open to reveal him in his de-pantsed glory looking like a deer in the headlights.

Each time, he make the internationally approved noise of doing somthing wrong, ("OOOOOHP"),And then just kind of stares at you like its your fault. Its not cool.

Said bloke is also a massive numpty when it comes to work, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

He wants you ...

• Paid Members

You're going to come home after a night on the bevvies and go for a pre-hibernation jobby.

He'll be waiting for you on top 'o your throne, grunting with excremental fervour and looking you in the eyes like a jilted lover in the throes of passion. "OOOOOOHP" he'll say, as he waddles towards you, kecks around his ankles. You try to escape. but for once, he has locked the bathroom door. You'll start to faint in unadulterated terror and all you will hear, in the deepest crevices of your mind is "OOOOOHP....OOOOOHP...OOOOOHP", like the repetitive flashing of a lighthouse, emblazoned onto your mind.

Either that, or he's just a fucking wombat. One of those central tenets of shitting is locking the door I find.

Edited by Gus Mears

You're going to come home after a night on the bevvies and go for a pre-hibernation jobby.

He'll be waiting for you on top 'o your throne, grunting with excremental fervour and looking you in the eyes like a jilted lover in the throes of passion. "OOOOOOHP" he'll say, as he waddles towards you, kecks around his ankles. You try to escape. but for once, he has locked the bathroom door. You'll start to faint in unadulterated terror and all you will here, in the deepest crevices of your mind is "OOOOOHP....OOOOOHP...OOOOOHP", like the repetitive flashing of a lighthouse, emblazoned onto your mind.

Either that, or he's just a fucking wombat. One of those central tenets of shitting is locking the door I find.

:D that is utter gold!

Also, is this thread for "generally funny stories, that are not necessarily about you" as well?