Who was sound? Who was a cockhole?

wandshogun09

I also once saw Tom Watson taking his mum on the train to London from Southampton Airport. That makes him an instantly nicer bloke doesn't it? :p
In all seriousness, I know everyone on here thinks he's a massive cunt, I can't speak from personal interaction but I know people who've met him/trained with him said he's a decent guy.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

We bumped into Kong at a BAMMA event a number of years back. Seemed a tidy fella and stopped for a picture.

Same with Nate Marquardt too.. He was happy to stop for a picture and chat.

Stephen Quadros seemed a genuine bloke. Full of smiles and seemed to be enjoying himself.

Ariel was sound during the UFC 120 expo. He was getting a lot of attention from fans. Some More so than the actual fighters. My man crush was realised after he posed for a picture with me.

I remember thinking Rashad Evans same off so cool during his Q&A. Made me like him even more so when he posed with a Welsh flag.

Probably a few more than I can't remember too.

I think we can draw a line under GAD now. The guy seems to be a twat in general. Including myself, that's 4 posters who've experienced him acting the prick.

If it was 1 or 2, you could argue he was having a bad moment or an off-day. But 4 times? 

• Paid Members

I think we can draw a line under GAD now. The guy seems to be a twat in general. Including myself, that's 4 posters who've experienced him acting the prick.

If it was 1 or 2, you could argue he was having a bad moment or an off-day. But 4 times? 

At the time I thought I would give the guy a chance Jim. I thought I could put that hairdo aside on top of that fucking waste coat and give him a fair crack. But without bias, he was so slimy and waltzed around the lobby of the hotel like he owned the place. He just reaked of desperation. I can't say I overheard him talk to other fight fans, but I overheard how he presented himself to other fighters and mma people like Stitch Duran etc. He was just a shit. 

• Paid Members

If I ever see GAD, I'm going to ask him for a photo, he will say yes, so I'll hand him my phone and say "Just press that button, mate" and then I'll pose for the camera.

I truly burst out laughing at my desk Keith at work. I can't (and thankfully) get the vision out of my head. 

• Paid Members

Nearly forgot, Bruce Buffer told us at a Q&A that he once got into a fight with Frank Trigg in a elevator and knocked him out with a Buffer 180 stylee back fist! Imagine seeing that shit!

Has anyone heard that before? I love it.

Nearly forgot, Bruce Buffer told us at a Q&A that he once got into a fight with Frank Trigg in a elevator and knocked him out with a Buffer 180 stylee back fist! Imagine seeing that shit!

Yeah, I recall the story.

It's meant to have happened in a lift if I recall correctly. It's commonly accepted that Buffer either had the upper hand. or at least held his own. I think the backfist version is a joke though.

There's another urban legend that Quadros gave Rogan a slap in a nightclub bathroom in 2004. Although it's never been confirmed. 

There's a chapter in Bruce's book about that.

If I ever see GAD, I'm going to ask him for a photo, he will say yes, so I'll hand him my phone and say "Just press that button, mate" and then I'll pose for the camera.

Sorry to drag gay wrestling into the MMA section, but somebody did that to one of the Usos at Hooters in Dallas, it was hilarious.

I met Donald Cerrone in the men's toilets of the KA Theatre in the MGM Grand Las Vegas last year. It was during the interval of a Joe Rogan stand up gig the night before UFC 191. It might have been the very same day of the press conference where him and McGregor had the lucky charms exchange. I think he was drunk, but certainly not as drunk as me. I did shout out "Oi Oi Cowboy" or something, shook his hand and wished him luck against Rafael Dos Santos. I think he'd gone unnoticed until that - despite having a fucking cowboy hat on. As I stumbled out the whole fucking bog wanted a piece of him. Wish I'd got a picture! 

• Paid Members

I've met rampage, Wanderlei, Shogun

You bastard. Where did you meet them?

Buffer loves telling that story about his round of handbags with Trigg in the lift. I think he's massively embellished that one though. I saw an interview with him years ago where he claimed he even got Trigg in a rear naked choke and was toying with the idea of saying 'Call me Matt Hughes, bitch' or some bollocks. Amusing story and that, but yeah, didn't happen.

I've met rampage, Wanderlei, Shogun

You bastard. Where did you meet them?

Bizarrely, Wanderlei and Rampage, I met at the same time, they were both doing a signing in London, sat just a few feet from each other! It was before the weigh in's at one of the London shows, I can't remember which off the top of my head. Had to queue for ages, but it was just open to the general public.

I met Shogun I'm Dublin airport, after his fight with Mark Coleman. He was with his team, and I was a bit apprehensive, because I hate to think I'm bothering people, but I went up to him, congratulated him on his win, and asked if he minded if I got a quick picture, which he was fine with.

Archived