Wrestler Autopsy Files

C-Rock

I have studied forensic science so I find this sort of thing interesting but I'm sure not everyone will agree but still some may be fascinated by the autopsy files/death certificates for wrestlers who have passed away. There are no autopsy pictures in any of these.

http://www.autopsyfiles.org/reports/Celebs/benoit,%20chris_report.pdf- Chris Benoit

http://www.autopsyfiles.org/reports/Celebs/fatu,%20edward_report.pdf- Umaga

http://www.autopsyfiles.org/reports/Celebs/hulette,%20elizabeth_report.pdf- Miss Elizabeth

Yeah it's used to describe the appearances of various parts of a body during postmortem examination and is a term typically used prior to actual individual examinations of organs (if necessary) however if an organ looks unremarkable (no swelling, discolouration haemorrhaging) chances of an individual examination probably wouldn't occur.

Like most folk here a lot of the stuff makes no real sense, but the file on Liz is interesting.

Bruising on her right cheek, as well as on the left side of her forehead.

Multiple sections of the brain showing edema? Is that a medical term for swelling or inflammation? 

Interesting stuff.

I've not watched much wrestling over the last 10 years but occasionally pick up on info on twitter and lurk in On Topic on here, but I had no idea Umaga had died. He was just breaking into WWE as I was becoming less interested in it. Can't believe I didn't know about this.

I've been watching wrestling for 10 years (okay a break every so often) and didn't realise he had died. 

Like most folk here a lot of the stuff makes no real sense, but the file on Liz is interesting.

Bruising on her right cheek, as well as on the left side of her forehead.

Multiple sections of the brain showing edema? Is that a medical term for swelling or inflammation? 

Interesting stuff.

Wasn't it rumoured that it could have been murder at one point and Luger was a suspect or she was the victim of domestic abuse?

• Paid Members

So Elizabeth had a black eye at the time she died? Was this common knowledge?

The police were called to their house about 10 days before Elizabeth's death over domestic abuse and she had black eyes and a cut lip then. Luger was arrested a few days after that due to drink driving too. Then the death a week after that, quite a shit week for that couple.

Interesting that Luger's life has been so fucked up since, no on gives him a hard time about smacking LIz about. Had to check wikipedia and he's only 57, that stroke has added 20 years to him.  

Interesting stuff.

Had a quick look through the Benoit one, all seemed about right for what came out at the time. Whats with the "dark brown watery liquid" in his stomach? could that be some form of drink or possibly something to do with his body internally? Also, the use of the word "unremarkable", is that just to say "It's as you'd expect" ? Sounds like a daft question, although I couldn't decided whether they were stating it was 'OK' or if its to point something out hah. 

I'll  check out the others at some point :) As above, any more of those, let us know, they are interesting to read out.

Interesting stuff.

Had a quick look through the Benoit one, all seemed about right for what came out at the time. Whats with the "dark brown watery liquid" in his stomach? could that be some form of drink or possibly something to do with his body internally? 

I remember reading he'd drank red wine just before hanging himself, so that seems to be likeliest explanation. 

The toxicology would note if there was excessive amounts of alcohol in the system, I don't believe Benoits states anything about alcohol in his system there for I can't imagine there was an excessive amount. The liquid in his stomach could have been partially digested foods, depending on how long he ate before killing himself would determine they amount of digestion of the foods. That liquid was found in his stomach could show that he had ate a good 2-3 hours before he died.

Archived