UFC 196: McGregor vs Diaz

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I just can't see Miesha being able to take Holm down Mike. She's never been taken down in her whole MMA career. I just think she's physically too strong for Tate and will pick her apart on the feet. 

That said, I think Tate will be more successful than Rousey. 

I think that's the crux of this fight. It's got to be Tate's only gameplan choice (that I can see) as she's not going to stand with Holm. It's a really interesting fight. I'd love a quick KO win by Holm too. This card is going to be fun as hell.

• Paid Members

yeh it all seems to be in McGregor's favour, i could see it going longer than round though due to Diaz' durability. If McGregor displays the same kind of power at 170 and stops a guy who's been in with many heavy hitting 155lb and 170lb fighters it's gonna be another huge statement.

I know the excuse will be rolled out by some if McGregor wins about Diaz not being in prime fight shape but honestly from an entertainment standpoint i couldn't give less of a fuck, any McGregor fight is a special occasion right now, there's nothing else like it and i wanna see as many as possible.

• Paid Members

I think that's the crux of this fight. It's got to be Tate's only gameplan choice (that I can see) as she's not going to stand with Holm. It's a really interesting fight. I'd love a quick KO win by Holm too. This card is going to be fun as hell.

I've actually gone on the poll for a Holm decision because of Tate's durability, You're right, Miesha will constantly go for the takedowns and hell, you really could be right.

But I see a few takedowns being stuffed, then Holm start to pick her apart.

Mcgregor by KO and Holm by decision.

To continue on from what Ebb says above, that's the big question, how will Mcgregor's punching power translate in 2 divisions higher? I think against someone like Lawler, fuck knows, but against Nate, who isn't the biggest in welterweight terms, it will be enough. 

yeh it all seems to be in McGregor's favour, i could see it going longer than round though due to Diaz' durability. If McGregor displays the same kind of power at 170 and stops a guy who's been in with many heavy hitting 155lb and 170lb fighters it's gonna be another huge statement.

I know the excuse will be rolled out by some if McGregor wins about Diaz not being in prime fight shape but honestly from an entertainment standpoint i couldn't give less of a fuck, any McGregor fight is a special occasion right now, there's nothing else like it and i wanna see as many as possible.

From an entertainment standpoint it'll be fantastic, but I don't think I've ever seen a guy in Nate's position actually mention the fact he isn't in fight shape this early into the build up. Even Chad Mendes continually said he was good to go and dismissed any suggestions he wasn't before the fight.

• Paid Members

From an entertainment standpoint it'll be fantastic, but I don't think I've ever seen a guy in Nate's position actually mention the fact he isn't in fight shape this early into the build up. Even Chad Mendes continually said he was good to go and dismissed any suggestions he wasn't before the fight.

Nate was already starting to make excuses about camp and prep time at the press conference yesterday.

• Paid Members

It's not really 2 divisions higher though - Nate is a lightweight. They're both essentially just cutting very little weight for it.

Nate has fought several times at Welterweight. He struggles getting down to 155. 

Of course this is 2 divisions higher. 

Nate is one of those guys who's at a bit of a disadvantage weight-wise. He's too big for 155lbs nowadays, but he's too small for 170lbs as well. I mean, he has to fight at 170lbs, but there's no way he's comparable in size to the likes of Lawler, Hendricks, Wonderboy, Rory etc.

His ideal weight would be around 160lbs-165lbs.

• Paid Members

It's not really 2 divisions higher though - Nate is a lightweight. They're both essentially just cutting very little weight for it.

Nate has fought several times at Welterweight. He struggles getting down to 155. 

Of course this is 2 divisions higher. 

My point is the 2 guys are the same size now and will be the same size when they go into the cage. Nate's a bit taller & longer - but McGregor is thicker.

Archived