Finn Balor

LAC4591

I like him, but his lack of personality when cutting a promo is his main drawback.

They also need to decide exactly how they're going to use the deamon gimmick with him. It is something that could make them a lot of money from merch sales, they could tshirts with all-over prints that match different paints and you could have a different action figure for each one too. He's a good looking lad too so he can appeal to the female demographic.

Like I say, if he can get better on the microphone, he could be a big star for them

Using the example of Neville - I always felt that he would struggle on the main roster due to his promo skills and to be honest, it has hindered him when you've got guys like Kevin Owens who can really do that stuff while sleeping. It's not helped that his booking hasn't been amazing, with about a bazillion matches with Stardust, but without the confidence to put him into a proper feud it's difficult. Plus that cape is stupid no matter what anyone thinks. No one has any reason to care about him right now. He needs the underdog booking and fast.

For Balor, it shouldn't be that difficult. He has a star power and aura far beyond anything Neville currently has. He just needs to walk out with that music and that jacket and he looks cool as fuck. His entrance is far better now, they've worked things out a bit over the months and it's not quite so weird and nonsensical now. If the Demon is used at the right place and the right time then it'll be amazing.

He's solid in the ring, he doesn't really need a huge amount of promo time, and his image is money. If he's treated right then I can't see why he can't do well.

In my opinion he's a guy with a great upside, bit of an aura and mystique about him, he can flit in and out of different characters at will, from demon face paint to more of a cool rebel type with the Balor Club deal, his mic work is very average to me, I don't think he has ever made me care more about anything than I did before by delivering a promo, the one he did on top of the ladder that was short and sweet when he said basically he was going to kick Owens ass was the one that stands out.

They will ruin him when he gets to the main roster anyway so it's irrelevant, he'll job to Big Show in 3 minutes.

Lets not get too hooked up on the NXT stars not getting anywhere on the main roster. Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, Big E, Rusev, Paige, Wyatt, Harper & Woods are all NXT alumni with prime spots on the main roster.

A small thing at this stage but I'd like some variation to his demon paint, instead of black red and white each time, use purple green whatever and match his entrance video.

I like keeping the leather jacket and 'balor club' video as normal Finn but keeping the longer intro and black and red video for the demon to keep them separate to an extent.

I can see how his lack of promo's could and can be an issue but guys like Punk from 2006-09, Bryan and Jeff Hardy had little promo time or were'nt that good at all (jeff) but still got over to a decent to great level.

I'd look at Balor as a similar case as Hardy, keep his promo's short and simple, keep him as an enigma type, as people have said girls will love him, kids will love the paint/color and flashy moves, guys will like his high flying style I'd reckon

Could be doing with a new finisher, I mentioned a few months back that a Eddie style frog splash would be a great fit for him, not sure why but just based on them having similar builds

• Paid Members

The best he's ever come across was in that special they did on him, where he was just chatting with Sami Zayn about how much he loves playing with Lego and watching SummerSlam 95. It was the only time I've ever really related or felt anything for his character. He seems like quite a likeable bloke. It's just unfortunate that unlike Sami, he's completely incapable of conveying any of that in his interviews or in the ring. He's a generic Create A Wrestler when it comes to all of that.

I love the idea of doing the Demon gimmick sparingly and changing his ring style whenever he uses it. It'd be awesome if he only did it once or twice a year, and when he came out as the Demon he wrestled completely different and just demolished guys. Sort of like Goldberg in face paint. It's be really cool if everyone knew that wearing the face paint meant shit was about to go down. As it is it just means it's a Takeover special. Everything else is exactly the same.

• Paid Members

The best he's ever come across was in that special they did on him, where he was just chatting with Sami Zayn about how much he loves playing with Lego and watching SummerSlam 95. It was the only time I've ever really related or felt anything for his character. He seems like quite a likeable bloke. It's just unfortunate that unlike Sami, he's completely incapable of conveying any of that in his interviews or in the ring. He's a generic Create A Wrestler when it comes to all of that.

I love the idea of doing the Demon gimmick sparingly and changing his ring style whenever he uses it. It'd be awesome if he only did it once or twice a year, and when he came out as the Demon he wrestled completely different and just demolished guys. Sort of like Goldberg in face paint. It's be really cool if everyone knew that wearing the face paint meant shit was about to go down. As it is it just means it's a Takeover special. Everything else is exactly the same.

I definitely think they will be doing this more. Plus Kane is doing the Demon gimmick again for a little bit.

One of the things always charged against whoever the ‘smart’ fans like is that they don’t move enough merchandise. Don’t sleep on this with Finn Balor who looks far more marketable than anyone else who has come up from NXT by a long way. If he moves a lot of t-shirts/arm bands/face masks, which I think he undoubtedly will, he will be looked after by Vince and co when he gets called up. Neither Jeff Hardy or Rey Mysterio could cut a promo and Balor is very much in the mould of those two.

Archived