US - Virgina - News Reporter and Cameraman Shot Dead on Air

Powerful_Fox

• Paid Members

The video from the guys go-pro is one the weirdest videos ive ever seen, horrible.

Yeah, it's like they (killed woman & guest) don't know theres a guy in front of them pointing a big, fuck off gun at them. Well odd.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the front pages this morning are terrible. The Sun especially, complete with "watch the chilling video at thesun.co.uk"

I have just seen the front page of The Sun. It's pretty horrible. They could have easily gone with the picture of the reporter and the cemraman (the smiling one that is on most headlines). I think the one they went with is in bad taste and frankly a little disturbing.

The watch the chilling video line is sick, talk about exploitative.

• Paid Members

The video from the guys go-pro is one the weirdest videos ive ever seen, horrible.

Yeah, it's like they (killed woman & guest) don't know theres a guy in front of them pointing a big, fuck off gun at them. Well odd.

They're probably so focused on their live broadcast they just completely ignore him or they see him and just assume he's another spacker who's attracted to the site of a TV camera and not someone out to kill them.

• Paid Members

Yeah, for news reporters there's probably always people coming and going while they're interviewing people. They probably knew someone was there but wouldn't have thought anything of it.

I watched the one short video the shooter filmed, where he's just standing there pointing his gun at the news reporter, it cut off before anything happened and I stopped there. I don't even want to see the rest so I never even looked at the other video. I felt uneasy enough just seeing that clip, knowing what happened.

I can't even imagine what the victims families are going through. Losing someone is hard enough on its own, the fact they were senselessly murdered makes it harder and then the fact there is footage out there on the internet of the killings must be torture for the families and loved ones.

I read something last night that the cameraman's fiancé was actually watching live the moment her boyfriend was killed. Can you fucking imagine? Just horrible.

You know what could've prevented all this?  The news presenters also having guns! #NRA

Gladly, this is the first I've heard about this, so haven't had to watch the videos and see it in the cunting Sun, but as has just been said:

I read something last night that the cameraman's fiancé was actually watching live the moment her boyfriend was killed. Can you fucking imagine? Just horrible. 

I honestly have no clue what I'd do in that situation.  

• Paid Members

Yeah, she is a producer for the show. It was also her last day at the station as they were moving state not too far in the future.

Just saw the front page of The Sun when I went to get petrol. I haven't watched the video that was posted in full, they showed a little bit on BBC News last where he brought the gun into shot first, but If that's a doctored image of a gun blast on the front page surely they're going to get some kind of fine. Like someone said, it looks like something from Doom

• Paid Members

Fucking US Republicans already saying that we shouldn't rush to impose tougher gun control laws because of the actions of "one mad man."

Seriously, what is this obsession with guns? Oh, it's in the constitution? Prohibition was in the constitution and they got rid of that.

Can't say I'm shocked by that. It was just "one mad man" that day.

It's fucking mental that the gun debate is still going on. Just because you "have the right to bare arms" doesn't mean you should. And then you get idiots who think they're some kind of militia and have a massive arsenal in their shed

• Moderators

Seriously, what is this obsession with guns? Oh, it's in the constitution? Prohibition was in the constitution and they got rid of that.

A number of reasons really, that don't really come to light until you travel/spend significant time in the US. Part of it is because it's one of the main parts of the constitution, and so the comparison to prohibition is not quite the same (that was added later and then removed). There are immense parts of the US that are rural, totally unlike the UK, and gun ownership is much more of a required part of that lifestyle. Thirdly, and the most troubling, is that it's a growing arms race. "Gotta protect myself" means more guns on people and available. That's the part that scares me more than anything. Gun sales always go up after an event like this!

Obama has even said in an interview today/yesterday (after the tragic event anyway) that US domestic gun crime dwarfs any terrorist based attack yet the millions and millions of dollars put into counter/anti terrorist units dwarfs the money put into safe gun control and sanctions.

The problem is, he has said this sort of thing about gun control a few times now after each tragedy and yet nothing seems to change.

Archived